ZBrushCentral

NEW! An in-depth look at the "ZRemesher" with Joseph Drust

Batman-2.jpg

The wait is over! Joseph Drust is back to share this new video on an in-depth look at the ZRemesher in ZBrush 4R6.

Here are a few key points that will be covered:

• [i]symmetry [/i]options
  • using the [i]alternative ZRemesher algorithm[/i]
  • controlling target polygon count accuracy with [i]Adaptive Density[/i]
  • using [i]frame mesh[/i] to create precise control curves for re-meshing
  • using the [i]adaptive size[/i] slider, to control polygon density based on sculptural detail
  • using [i]polypaint/color density[/i] to control how the ZRemesher calculates the density of your sculpt

[youtubehd]9HWIMtEtDwY[/youtubehd]We hope you enjoy this video. Happy ZBrushing!

Hola i got first post … thanks Aurick for the heads up … happy Zbrushing everyone … :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great video, Thanks. I didn’t know you can isolate a certain section of your model and use ZRemesher. Great tips.

Thanks Pixologic for the great progress… :+1:
The video is very informative

Thanks for the video… Really helps to understand all of the ways to use zremesher.

Thanks for this, felt I needed a little more in-depth video, very useful :slight_smile:

Thank you, super support, and information.

Thanks Pixologic. Appreciate it.

Watched it, then watched it again! Thanks for sharing this with us, so much fun to be had with this tool.

Thanks Joseph!
always enjoy your teaching style.
Orest

Great Video… to the point with no wasted time on unnecessary detail… short and sweet, keep these coming.

Thanks Ziggy

Thanks for the video. I got a question what about hard surfaces how well does it keep the form of the shapes from a hard surface object.

This is so informative and helpful I can ever imagine… Thanks Joseph Drust… :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks Pixologic gods :smiley:

Thank you Joseph, and Pixologic! Very informative. I’ve been wondering about the new Creasecurve brush since it recently appeared. I also am surprised to see that we can now remesh only visible parts of the model. This should prove to be invaluable. I plan on watching this many times to make it second nature to me.

Extremely well explained. And it’s a powerful – wonderful – tool. Much appreciated tutorial.

thank you for sharing this

Thank you Joseph. Your tutorials are really to the point, with no fluff. I really enjoy and appreciate that.

-Brandon

Amazing, just gave me a solution that i’ve been trying to figure out for the past day

One quesiton though - Is there any wya to keep your UV and Polypaint data or copy it over to the remeshed model?

I tried copy/paste UVs but they were all jumbled

Watched it, then watched it again! Thanks for sharing this with us…

If you make a duplicate of your original tool, you can easily re-project the polypaint data. UVs on the other hand are a different story since remeshing will give you an entirely different vert count/order. In that case, you’ll just have to map the UVs for the remeshed model (and in the future, case permitting, save the mapping process til you are good and ready).:cool: