ZBrushCentral

Ecco the Dolphin Prologue: The Last Breath of Elisia

It was a true joy & honor to be asked by my friend and esteemed creative hero/influence Ed Annunziata (Game Designer and Creator of “Ecco the Dolphin” -The cult classic video game series from the 90’s on the Sega Genesis / MegaDrive and Dreamcast) to render the most personally striking moment from a prologue (“The Last Breath of Elisia”) he wrote explaining how the titular bottlenose dolphin came to have several bright white marks on his head in the arrangement of the constellation Delphinus.
Below are two renders; The top was BPR in ZBrush4R6 with blood and clouding added via Photoshop. The bottom was rendered in KeyShot 4 via the beta GoZ Plugin I’ve been privileged to test for Luxion.

I’ll be uploading a short & sweet making-of video for these pieces soon.
Hope you enjoy these emotional pieces and accompanying somber prologue which can be read here: http://playchemy.com/blog/the-last-breath-of-elisia
Follow Ed via his Twitter: @edannunziata

Attachments

TheLastBreathOfElisaBPR-2ZBC.jpg

TheLastBreathOfElisaReposedKS4ZBC.jpg

Nice work Daniel!

Thanks Orest! :slight_smile:

[youtubehd]MVAxt0kJjEY&hd1[/youtubehd]

Attachments

TheLastBreathOfElisaThumb.jpg

I still quote “The Tides of Time” as my favourite Sega Megadrive game.
I was even thinking recently of modelling Ecco myself. So it a real pleasure to see some Ecco fan art today.
Good work! Keep it up.
J

Thank you so much for saying so J! I enjoyed seeing your Super-Sonic the Hedgehog and Abe from Oddworld. Nice throwbacks with fond memories of my childhood and teen years! :slight_smile:
Cheers!