New Member Follow User Gallery

Default alpha channel in turntable plus

hi all,
    I have a little problem using the turntable plus plug in on zb 4R6.
    When I click on the best preview render in the turntable plus options and launch my render, even if I check the alpha case in order to calculate the alpha, it seems not to render it as a separate image sequence, and it just renders one sequence of image with a black background.
    Obviously importing these images in photoshop or after effect reveals that the black colour around my character is not an alpha.

If I don`t check the best preview button, the alpha is calculated as a proper image sequence, but the aliasing all around the character is a problem...unless calculating veeeery big images and reduce their size...

did someone have the same problem?
    any solution?

thanks a lot

Moderator Follow User Gallery

If you're using BPR then turn on the Mask switch for the plugin so that the Mask pass is exported and use that instead. That is 16bit and anti-aliased.

thanks a lot,
    this works.
    Is it normal that the `beauty` images sequenge still has a black colour all around the character? Shouldn`t it have the background colour that I choose in the scene?
    thanks again

Moderator Follow User Gallery

The beauty image exported through the render passes is like that because it is assumed you will be using it (along with the mask pass) to composite a background of your choice. If you want the ZBrush background then you can use the main document, exporting through the Document palette.

You could set the background color to a solid green and key the color in your compositing ap...