Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Ovid's Withering WIP + bonus stupid question!

Here's a guy I'm making for a CD cover for a friend's band. and here is the promised stupid question: (I can't believe I can't find this anywhere on the web!) How do I make my sculpt fill up the canvas? I increased the document size since I want to be able to print a poster I need super high res. but no matter what I do the model ends up in a tiny spot in middle. Also, any lighting/rendering tutorials anyone would recommend. I've googled and watched the stuff on ZClassroom and I'm still lost. It might just be beyond me...

Increase your document size to the res you want. Then place your model and go back into edit mode. Back in the Document pallete you need to zoom out your document until its within the borders of the frame, then scale your model to fill the space accordingly > render > success.

What it sounds like you've been doing is just increasing the res which pushes out the canvas in all directions from the middle then replacing your model into the same space without zooming out of it to get the bigger picture.

Cheers,
    Myself

Thanks myself! That's what I was doing alright. So here's my first revision. Any critiques or suggestions are appreciated.

[QUOTE=Scrybe;1046091]Thanks myself! That's what I was doing alright. So here's my first revision. Any critiques or suggestions are appreciated.

Texture wise it looks pretty nice. Specially the horns. But I think if your aiming to improve your sculpting skills I would start with anatomy. Specially the arms/hands on this particular sculpt. Good luck.

Cool creature! Would love some more morbid details in the throat
    On the first revision: I think it looks pretty good, but be really careful with the "3D shade look", with a graphic logo like that you should aim at having a pretty high contrast in your render. Try adjusting contrast and perhaps posterize it in PS
    Just some quick thoughts