Member Follow User Gallery

I wasn't sure who the blind character should be - I considered Frank Oz or Griffin Dunne since they were both in the film, the latter making the most sense as it was his friend Jack (that said, I could have gone with David Naughton and have both states in one shot), but I'm sort of settling on the idea of making it John Landis. Ideas welcome.

Re. the pose - I'd thought that one hand might work better. The idea I had was that the guy is mostly oblivious to what's on the end of the harness, and this might be the point where it's just getting ready to pounce on someone (the viewer).

I might try and do rough poses of each and then people can let me know which they think works better?

Thanks to everyone for the input!

the 'dutch' camera angle works for your idea imo.

Hi!, Oh my, we are both doing American werewolf Sir, and slightly the same idea! Nice concept tho on your part..want wait to see sculpts sir! I hope our concepts will not have any conflicts wth the rules tho!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHalo View Post
    Hi!, Oh my, we are both doing American werewolf Sir, and slightly the same idea! Nice concept tho on your part..want wait to see sculpts sir! I hope our concepts will not have any conflicts wth the rules tho!
    I can't see it being an issue? Our focus is slightly different. In mine, the werewolf is the main character and its alternate reality is that it's a guide dog. In yours, the main character aoppears to be the nazi werewolf with its alternate reality as a dog walker.

If you were concerned about similarity, you could always have your nazi werewolf (which looks v cool so far, by the way) walking something really incongruous like a chihuahua or a poodle.

Best of luck!

Default Eye WIP

I did this eye using the cover of the John Landis 'Monsters in the movies' book to make the texture. I've had to take some of the orange out and reduce the saturation a little bit, but the screen shots I've got show more striation so it most likely needs more work.

Default teeth WIP

Jaw structure and teeth. Grrr

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

very nice idea.

Default WIP head

Here's a WIP of the wolf head so far. A lot of work to do to flatten the nose bridge, define the creases, round the muzzle sides, point and detail the ears, blah blah. I think the general proportions are getting there though. Needs a tongue too.

Default WIP - colour test

Some more brow detail, muzzle rework and a splash of polypaint to see if it looks ok with some colour on.

Default Wip

Some more WIP shots - no that's not a tree it's a body. Refinement to follow (I hope!). I think the face isn't too far off now. Opinions / crit welcome.

Had a quick jab at fibermesh - go easy on me I've never done it before. I expect I'll need to generate multiple subtools and do a bit of a vidal sassoon before it comes close.

Started a head sculpt of the blind character too but he looks embarrassingly muddy so far.

be interested to see how you get fibremesh to perform over the whole body!

I recognize that face! Even though I sculpted originally over thirty years ago.
    if you need some fiber mesh help I did a simple tutorial in my bringing back an old friend thread you might find a bit helpful.
    looking forward to seeing this guy finished. It's a funny idea.

I like the werewolf,
    great sculpt!

Quote Originally Posted by monstermaker View Post
    I recognize that face! Even though I sculpted originally over thirty years ago.
    if you need some fiber mesh help I did a simple tutorial in my bringing back an old friend thread you might find a bit helpful.
    looking forward to seeing this guy finished. It's a funny idea.
    Hi Rick,

Thank you for your comments and the fibermesh pointers - I'll give it a go and post something as soon as I can. Like most people on here, I've been a fan of your work for a long time. I hope I can make a decent job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by molossus View Post
    I like the werewolf,
    great sculpt!
    Thanks Molossus - hopefully it's getting there.

Your Frankensurfer is great - love the colour and the pose. I think that's the kind of shape I'd pull if I tried to stand up on a surf board!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast