Member Follow User Gallery

The eyes look so good, they really grab you and draw you in.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That expression is spot on! Keep it up
    When you know what to do, you do what you know

Default Wip

Some refinements to the body, paws, claws. Tomorrow I'm taking the plunge and working through Rick's awesome fibermesh tutorial.

it's looking good. keep it up. It really is an awesome tut. thanks Rick

Default WIP - fibermesh

WIP of my fibers so far. Have followed Rick's advice and done multiple length and colour subtools, saving settings for each 'hair' type so I can use them repeatedly with different masks.

Short dark under fur, sparse dark 'guard' hairs, mid grey and mid length blend hairs to bridge the gap and then some light grey mane type hair for the top of the head and the neck. Tried a bit of styling so far but not going the way I want it to.

Will try again tomorrow, but hoping to get the harness done and block in some of the blind character so lots to do in not much time. I've opened the mouth a bit for that 'I-just-ate-an-usher' look but it might need to go wider and the nose might need pulling up a touch.

Default Wip

OK, so I don't know if I'll be able to finish this because I still have a mountain of work to do on it (i.e. - a body), but here is my Landis head for what it's worth. Still not quite feeling fibermesh - got the multiple layers and colouring sorted, but the groom brushes are doing my head in. When I try and get them to follow a contour they either stick straight out at 90 degrees or start fanning out into weird shapes.

I did discover that you can trim hair using the selection lasso and then hide point / delete hidden. Useful in case the smooth brush isn't doing the job. Does anyone know why smooth doesn't work to trim back once you have merged multiple hair tools?

Default Wip

Here's the wolf with the harness on. At the rate this is going, my entry might end up being this guy on his own :-(

Default Final entry

Here is my final entry for the comp.

Nice. Great job on the skin. I thought it was a photo for a second.

HAHA some really great entries in the competition. Some of which really do make you LOL because the ideas are great. This is definitely one of those entries, great job .

At least he fed before going to the station!

Default Big thanks

Yay! I can post in my thread again!

Contest admin locked the threads off before I got chance to thank people. I wanted to say thank you to the people who posted on my thread - your comments gave me a lot of encouragement. My entry didn't work out quite as I'd wanted because I ran out of time but I do intend to finish it properly. Already can't wait for next year.

I also wanted to say a huge thank you to Rick Baker for commenting on my thread - getting a bit of feedback and some tips from the master was definitely the highlight of this experience for me.

Thanks all and well done to the finalists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123