Member Follow User Gallery

Good work on the bike. Thanks to share a little bit of your brushs workflow sculpting it.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I'm really glad the bike turned out so great. I hope your computer survives the posing process!

Lighting this will be the frosting on the cake. Spotlights from below, and some lighting up top should do the trick.

Lots of great entries! The judges have their work cut out for them!

KurtB - Thanks kurt!
    Halduke- Thank you. Yeah, I think it fits pretty well with the alien world at least.
    gkhopatk - thanks man.
    aliengraphic - thank you very much.
    x-titan - yeah i can kind of see that. Thanks man.
    sjensen -thank you!
    decosouza - thanks man and no problem. I wish i was doing more complicated stuff sometimes, but most of my process is pretty basic most of the time.
    markrulz -Thanks man. me too. Yeah i had to do quite a bit of decimating but i got them to sort of play nice with each other so i could work on posing.
    Jeff Stanislawski | Senior Artist at Gaming Corps
    online portfolio

here's an update with the posed model. I ended up just separating out all the appendages into separate subtools. even after decimating everything pretty significantly, zbrush still kept crashing when i tried to use transpose master. I think i didn't quite plan out the rigging properly from the beginning. during all my sculpting, dynameshing and combining subtools i lost pretty much all my "low res" assets. so if i had to do it again, i would definitely plan more accordingly. Definitely learning a lot on this contest.
    anyway, here's the pose so far, just kind of wanted to get some feedback and see what you guys thought so far.
    Thanks everyone.

online portfolio

[QUOTE=jeff_stan;1056266]here's an update with the posed model. I ended up just separating out all the appendages into separate subtools. even after decimating everything pretty significantly, zbrush still kept crashing when i tried to use transpose master. I think i didn't quite plan out the rigging properly from the beginning. during all my sculpting, dynameshing and combining subtools i lost pretty much all my "low res" assets. so if i had to do it again, i would definitely plan more accordingly. Definitely learning a lot on this contest.
    anyway, here's the pose so far, just kind of wanted to get some feedback and see what you guys thought so far.
    Thanks

Classic....my crit. Is that the wt of the alien is more on the back ...u need it to b leanin frwd to keep the balance on the bike....i like ur modell8n ...keep it up..

ha, this is so cool. You're going to hate me but I really think you should do some quick variations on the tail. It's too repetitive from the curve brush. Just pull and push some segments real quick to break it up. Also I'd lean the bike in the opposite angle of the Queen. But this is great. I really like it.

gkhopatk - thanks man. You're right, i tried moving her forward more and putting her pelvis more directly above the seat. I think it looks a bit better, so thank you.
    rissta - thank rissta. yeah, that shouldn't be a problem to break up the tail a bit. and i'll try tilting the bike in the opposite direction in a little while. Thanks for the input man, i appreciate it.
    online portfolio

here's a first pass at a possible camera angle, lighting and a quick comp. I still need to add more details to the tent background. and implement some feedback and maybe try out a couple of different angles, mostly i need to keep working on the lighting, it still doesn't feel right yet. any C & C are welcome. Thank you.

online portfolio

Very very cool indeed....I like the image size..gives you a nice feel of the size of the character...Also the red backgrnd .....Goodluck..1 day to go

I'd say darken up the background, it could be all black because it's really pulling away from the scene and the model. Typically if they are that far up and she's only lit with spotlights you won't even see the big top. I agree that the bike should be leaning to her right, and the balance pole should be at an opposite angle of the bike. Feels like it should be longer as well. Maybe even right in the camera's face so to speak but if it pulls away from the scene don't pursue that too much.

Really love it. One of my favorites!

This made me remember seeing a man on a Harley with a woman on a Trapeze hanging under it ride on a high wire right over my head at my first circus as a child. I ended up meeting that guy years later when I promoted some shows for him.

What I recall that made my heart race was that he was right over me with only a net between us and I mean right over me.

I think if your angle were as if the viewer were in danger if he fell might be a bit more dramatic.

The problem with Alien's is they are so dark that even in the movies you never could see the detail. Perhaps a light colored background like say tent canvas with muted details would make this character stand out a lot better?

Cool idea, I like this.
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

needs a spotlight on the star of the show other than that just love this piece. for some reason i had it in my mind a unicycle lol but love this bike looks like it came right off the set of the aliens movie great job..good luck and had a most fun time watching this thread. See you at the finish line.

i'd pay money to see an alien riding a bike across a tightrope!
    really nice.

hehe.... so cool.... Only thing that comes to mind for me is her being so far away, you loose a lot of the awesome detail you sculpted... Maybe try bringing her in a bit even if you have crop a bit of her here and there....

Great stuff...

Looks great man! I would go maybe for a more dynamic lighting setup, maybe with spotlights or shadows that empasizes the character... something like ref pic

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast