Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (PumpkinHead) - PumpkinHead Ghostbuster!!!!

Hello everyone. I will be doing PumpkinHead as a Ghostbuster. I like how organic PumpkinHead looks but I wanted to practice some hard surface modeling so the proton pack will give me that challenge. I look forward to having fun working on this for the next month. Tonight the plan is to gather as much references as possible and sketch up some concepts for what I have in mind..

Tonight I've gathered together all my references I need for now. I've got an idea for how I want to pose him and make him look with all the ghostbuster gear. I'll try and post as much W.I.P. images as I can. And any new techniques I find. This is my spotlight set up. I've found some good references to PumpkinHead. Also found the movie on Netflix! So that will be a big help in doing this project. I've not seen this movie since I was just a kid. Says the movie came out in 1988...man how time flies!

Hello fellow zbrusher's I've got a basic base mesh kinda set up still at the moment. This is a quick video of how I made my base mesh using the history movie. I'm hoping to get some more form sculpted in the mesh today. I'll probably do the posing after so I can get the details quicker using symmetry in zbrush. I'll try and sketch up some ideas for the composition I have in mind for this challenge. I have a few in mind for this.

This is another post for the afternoon. I've added some more detail and getting the base mesh adjusted for the juicy stuff. I'm looking forward to adding all the sick details in this model.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I was going to do the Gremlins as Ghostbusters. You totally snagged that one out from under me. You snooze, you lose i guess. This is coming along nicely though.

welch99 - Hey Thanks... yeah that's crazy on the similar idea. But if its something you believe in doing I wont hold it against ya. Sounds like a good concept..
    Last edited by edgemaster; 10-06-13 at 09:17 PM. Reason: adding turntable to post

Hello Fellow zbrusher's.. Just tried to get a work in progress image of my base mesh of what I have. I'm going to try and put as much info out there as I go along in this challenge. I've come to use the SnakeHook brush more and more. In fact I've used the SnakeHook brush almost as a replacement for the move brush. For some reason it feels more like putty when using the SnakeHook brush. Another thing that I've done that also helped me in modeling is setting my brushes on my number pad on the keyboard. That has helped me speed up my sculpting process. I'm feeling pretty good now on getting the details added in on this model. After this I hope to move on to the Ghostbuster gear. That will be a fun challenge cause it will be hard surface modeling.

My most used brushes list
    • Clay Buildup - Mainly to slowly add detail
    • Move Elastic - Used this to move a large part of the model
    • Dam_Standard - Use this to mainly add in lines to the model
    • SnakeHook Brush - This brush replaced my move brush just about

Tonight I've added a few more details to my model. Just trying to get an over all feel of more detail in the model. I hope tomorrow I can add a few more subdivisions and add higher detail and possibly textures kinda ruffed in. After I get some of that done I'll then start to pose him to what I've got in mind. I tried doing a time lapse of the sculpt but in the end the history video thing looked a lot better. So I'm posting that video instead. If anyone has any C&C feel free to comment..

What material is that? I'm loving it!
    More work at Kidawa.com

lazarous- hopefully this image helps on what the material is. Cause a lot of the effect could be coming from the lights too.
    Here's a breakdown image hope this helps!

Hey thanks and goodluck!
    More work at Kidawa.com

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Many thanks for material breakdown. I am doing another concept with pumpkinhead in which i'll make him yied with horse cart like pet, tied and pulling cart helplessly. He will transporting pumpkins for this Halloween session. Your character has came out very well. Thanks for sharing it.

lazarous - Cool hope that image helped...and thanks!

narendraK - cool thank you... I'm looking forward to seeing your entry! So far it's been pretty fun modeling PumpkinHead just getting lost in the details.

Damn this looks really good.... Thanks for the material breakdown, I guess I'll try that out sometime

timgrossmann - Cool Thanks!

Well tonight proved to be a good challenge for me attempting hard surface modeling in zbrush. I decided to change it up and work on other parts of my model that I will be needing later anyway. Learning as I go on doing Hard surface modeling. This page came in handy when I was trying to remember how to subtract an object using the subtool mergeDown.

http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide...with-subtools/

I didn't get as far as I would have hoped on the Proton Pack tonight. But I feel it's a step in the right direction for me. I've played around with hard Surface modeling but never really got past testing. Seems the testing days are over and its time to make some models.. I also tried the ZRemesher on one of the parts and it worked out pretty good.

This is what I've got for tonight on the Proton pack.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast