New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (Re-Animator) - Herbert West as a Snake Oil Salesman

I was thinking of doing Herbert West as an old timey snake oil salesman. My first thought was a veterinarian, but i feel like the snake oil salesman might be more aesthetically pleasing. Maybe a Victorian freak show act with West as the barker and Dr. Hill as the attraction? Any thoughts?

Now that's interesting. I like the idea of placing a modern(-ish) character into a different era. Plus, the Victorians loved excessively detailed stuff; loads of modeling potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by neocount73 View Post
    Now that's interesting. I like the idea of placing a modern(-ish) character into a different era. Plus, the Victorians loved excessively detailed stuff; loads of modeling potential there.
    I've definitely decided to go with the snake oil salesman/travelling medicine show theme, because the sideshow thing feels overdone. I will probably throw in some Victorian elements into the decor of the wagon and props. Glad you like the idea, and I like yours as well. Look forward to seeing all that shiny fur!

Here are some reference pics I gathered off the interwebs.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome glad to see a Victorian style piece pop up. Love the snakeOil sales man medicine man just love this idea. Can't wait to see how this one comes out good luck to you, and Happy ZBrushing.

I worked on the likeness today. It still needs some work, but it's getting there. The chin, eyes, and jawline need some tweaking. The hair and glasses are temporary. He just doesn't look right without them. Any and all critiques are welcome.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Great idea.
    I love this film!