New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (Army of Darkness) - Ashley as Pokemon trainer 'Ash' Katchem

It is a bit of a stretch, although Ashley would be one hell of a Pokemon trainer. I envision him unleashing one of the many 'Deadites' he has conquered to do his bidding. Initially this concept was to be worked around 'Ash' as a character from Evil Dead 2; this was before I read the film list. I feel this theme better fits Army of Darkness as opposed to Evil Dead due to creature variety. Then again, I find it hard to make a solid decision without some preliminary sketching. Lets just say Army of Darkness so I can get crack'n.

'Ash' Katchem just may come equipped with an augmented Pokeball launching arm. I hope the community feels this idea is "Groovy".

Default update 1

Hello everyone! I wanted to share with you the preliminary sketch for this concept. I am excited to receive your input!
    And certainly I must figure out a way to keep the chains in frame, oh and the Witch is buff I know .

Another preliminary sketch should appear today with a different feel overall. Stay tuned.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Nice. Love the concept sketch. Love the buff witch lol. As far as the chain since you can use a third party software like Photoshop or whatever for final compositing you could leave the chains outside a bit of the frame to give it a coming out of the image look. Just a thought. Good luck to you and of course happy ZBrushing,

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you Seavannah for the input, I am glad you like the sketch and the buff witch. Leaving the chain out of frame until the final comp is certainly a good idea and a possibility. I have done some thinking and experimentation with the composition and I will post soon. Might anyone have some thoughts on the current composition? Does Ash appear understated due to placement? Considering this possibility his placement has been modified in the new sketch. Thank you for viewing my thread!

Default update 2

Hey everyone! Here is another composition that hopefully refines the first. The same concept applies to this image I just negated some things in my drawing. I hope this is a more dynamic composition and I feel it's close. Lets commence to zbrush'n. Any criticism on the composition is very welcome!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AODprelim2.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	437.8 KB 
ID:	378253  

Default update 3

Happy days. I am now a proud owner of Zbrush. Here is the WIP of 'Ash' and his boomstick. Some claypolish applied to the mesh to help me analyze the form. Oh and I must say, the body is a bit ecorche to start out.

Default update 4

Here is a quick update. I started the pit bitch character, and have one layer of cloth sorted out. Looking forward to some critiques. The reference imagery I found for the pit bitch seems slightly conflicted. In some images the face appears to be a bit more slender, in others more broad and less round.

Default Update 5

Here is a quick addition of clothing to Ash, checking the silhouette before I sculpt any details. Next I must model his mechanized gauntlet.

Really great start! Great forms and already a good likeness of Ash. Don't the pokemon do the fighting? Is the witch his pokemon fighter? If you tie it closer to the cartoon, might add something to the scene... I never watched it much though... :P

Maybe the flying demon he shot at the beginning of the film... and his dead girlfriend as his opponent.

Markrulz thank you very much for the kind words and advice! Not to mention viewing my thread I believe you are correct in saying this needs to be tied more closely with Pokemon. Fortunately, I had planned recently to have the pit witch (Ash's pocket monster) fight actual Pokemon. If anyone has some suggestions as to which Pokemon need to die, let me know.

Here is a quick update. Pit bitch with a quick hair setup. Let me know if the hair has a pleasing shape; and whether to go for the sculpted hair or fibermesh.

Tough call on the hair, if you want it 3d printed then you'll want to sculpt it. If you want a realistic look then you'd go fiber mesh.

I'd say go for a scary version of Pikachu himself! Perhaps the back of the head of the other trainer could be one of Team Rocket? Don't know this pokemon stuff too well tho... :P

Member Follow User Gallery

Haha, liking this a whole lot. Great models and concept.

Default update 7

Unfortunately I have not been able to complete this image for the contest. I figured I would post some work in progress anyway.

I can say I am proud to have sculpted this body free of reference. As an exercise it is telling of what I know and what I need to know.

Default final entry

Ok so this won't really count as a final entry. Although, I really wanted the talented judges to see part of what I have done. Thank you for looking

Good luck to everyone who has participated!

I will finish this image in the weeks to come, if time permits.