Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default TwistedHorror(Creature from the Black Lagoon)-Renaissance Faire Enactors

This is my take on it. Creature of the Black Lagoon cleaning a pool in a park but put a twist on that too he is cleaning it by removing the kids lol. I may refine that idea maybe. If I have the time I will try and make the rest of the crew lol but creature will be the owner of the park services and cleaning the pool.

Good luck everyone and all have fun and happy happy ZBrushing!

*Update* Decided to go to another twist since I felt it wasn't much of one with GillMan being around water although liked my idea about the pool being swept clean of the kids that were in it by the GillMan's net. I had an epiphany last night while I couldn't sleep... I have 20 million reference shots of renaissance fares and how fun it would be to make the GillMan wear some poofy silly Ren costume as a noble Lord. Big Poofy pants, tights, big feathered billowing hat, that sort of thing. The Count from Bram Stroker's Dracula, with that big butt wig would make a perfect Queen of the faire, and maybe Frankenstein as Robin hood like character. Maybe even Freddy Kruger as the funny Jester. So all characters that I can make will have a Renaissance look and style. I hope I can at least get in of course the CFTBL but also at least the Queen lol Hope this is ok and people will like this idea.

Default 1st Wip_Head_Blocking out the Shape

lol this is hard for me. Not only just getting back to ZB (really that's not really that hard like riding a bike didn't forget but still getting used to the interface a bit, used to photoshop only lately) but the hardest part is the fact that I have over the years tried to steer myself away from the fish face syndrome now I am making one lol and am trying the 1954 movie cause the new one didn't come out yet lol. He has a funny face and every thing in me is saying no thats not right lol.

Hope it looks better with the gills on the side of face will have to do that later today I need some sleep.

I feel his face is way off but well like I said gonna have to fix later.

Good luck all and hope you all have a good day.

Member Follow User Gallery

Looking forward to seeing how you stage this one.
    Good luck.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I like the idea. Look forward to see this progress.

Lightbulb Update-Change of Venue and Clothing

Thank you Adam Beamish and Tryan for your comments.

I couldn't get the stage set to where I was happy with it when I tried to see what it would look like with the Mannequins so I decided to go with my epiphany from last night's sleeplessness.

I am going for a puffy Noble Lord from the Renaissance times. It still will be the Creature of the Black Lagoon (COTBL) GillMan but just changing his venue lol. He will be a die hard fan of the Renaissance reenactments like faires that they have all over the US and Europe. I have been to many dressed and non-dressed and thought it would be funny to see ol' GillMan in a costume talking like he's out of a shakespearian movie.

I want to use COTBL as a fluffy Noble Lord, Bram Stroker's Dracula as the Queen with his big hair, Freddie Kruger as the Jester, Frankenstein as a robin hood like character, and maybe Exorcist as a lady in waiting. lol I hope I can do all these characters and have a fun scene to put them in. Wish me luck I am going to need it and hopefully my muse didn't make me bite off more than I could chew lol, at least this time she woke up way before the end of the contest. She usually is a lazy last minute kind of gal lol who drives me more nuts than helps.

Anyway hope you all like the new change and I did this right. I wanted to keep to the rules. This also solves my delmia with his bad scales around certain parts of his body from the 1954 version, I can cover them up will fluffy puffy cloths....and of course some tights to show off those great legs of his lol ....the shoes though well I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it lol. ohh goodness what have I got myself into.

Anyway out of my comfort zone into the frying pan.

You may have a lot on your hands with this idea of yours. Try not to get overloaded but have fun with it. It's a clever idea.
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." -E.F. Schumacher

Great idea for your entry, i'll be watching for your updates...

Your head sculpt is taking shape...

Kurt

i like your entry concept, however as mentioned above .. i'd stay away from too much details since it might slow you down and become more problematic ... sometimes the simplicity of the idea with nice models and composition might be a winner

looking forward to see more zbrush work ... all the best and happy zbrushing

I love the idea! His slippery, fish skin next to richly textured fabrics and jewels... could be beautiful contrast.

So we are lagoon mates...will keep a track on this..goodluck

thank you all for your comments made my night I needed that.

Jerick- yeah I always tend to to crazy on my idea lol get quite flooded will try and keep it to a minimum lol and not go overboard lol easier said than done. Thanks for the comment and I will try lol.

KurtB- Thank you for the kind words. I will try as soon as I can should have one or to later today....I hope lol. Yeah the wrong shape lol that's what I get for trying to do it from memory and not a photo lol. Had to take some time to find good references and realized once I did his face was way way off no gills were going to fix that been reshaping and added the gills I think he is coming along now lol.

NightWoodWolf- love that ID name by the way. Thanks for the words of wisdom and warning, I need it, I always tend to go overboard and then I get nothing done. Yeah couldn't of said it better. Trying for a simple royal gathering still deciding inside or outside a castle and which one would be more easier on me. Also going to pay attention only to GillMan and Background for now get it rendered with materials, textures, lighting and that sort of stuff, and then if still have time do rest of characters.

LynneMitchell- Awe thanks so much yeah I also thought really funny with tights and those puffy short pants. Lol thinking more along the lines of a big noble guy or almost king like lol really puffy and jeweled for sure.

gkhopatk- thank you and so glad to see someone else thought to do the GillMan too, such a great character. Can't wait to see yours come to life good luck to you.

good luck to all that are entering and have lots and lots of fun and of course happy ZBrushing!

I really like your idea but WOOOW, that is going to be much work. I hope you don't need much sleep.

V i t t o r i o- Thanks lol yeah I'm a natural born insomniac lol I dont know how many sleepless nights I have spent on ZB lol. I sleep during the day like a vampire lol for a few. I am going to try and keep it simple but all my references help a lot.

I have been going to the Ren faire of years lol. Also love the time period, so have a lot of online refs too already, so that helps. Sometimes I spend too much time researching something and not enough drawing. One of the other reasons why I changed my idea, I know not much about pool cleaners but I have studied Ren and Gothic times. I would wear those long dresses if I could but not too keen on how they treated women and other people but loved their "Style" lol. Except those Puffy pants and tights that is lol.

Anyway a major fix I think....
    Still in DynaMesh so wrinkles are roughly drawn for now....

Going to put some gills on him then I think it is bed time lol

Have a good one everybody!

GillMan has some fins on his head a bit keeping them apart from each other and not detailing them until I take him out of DynaMesh otherwise they will fuse together.

At least he looks a little more fishy and less alien lol to me anyway but I am tired lol.

Still working on it but been a bit busy here and there with stuff don't have too much new to show yet but will hopefully in the next few days. Really cool stuff going on here Love it all and can't wait to see every one's finished entries good luck every one.

just a video that made to show how I made the head so far. Has closed captioning. Although you will have to go to YouTube to see them YouTube now has the ability to change the options of the closed captioning in the player.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast