New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (Nightmare on Elm street) Freddy the garbage man

I could not get the idea out of my head of Freddy standing on the back of a garbage truck. And of course, with his razor sharp knives on his hand, there is a good change that he will tear up all of the garbage bags that are in his way. So garbage will be spreading across the street.

For me, this will be the first time I'm posting on ZbrushCentral, I'm a graphic designer just starting to be a serious Zbrusher (and loving it) but this would be a perfect opportunity to post a finished project. (I have some other ideas that will be incorporated into the scene, maybe another Horror character helping Freddy on his way and a lot of small references but we'll see how things work out).

Time to do a little research and start sculpting!!!

I like this idea too. Freddy definitely could be a rough looking garbage man. If you add another character to the scene I think mike myers from holloween would be perfect he already looks like he's dressed for the job. Can't wait too see your progress

Thanx RogerPlude21, maybe I'll put Mike up there, his clothes are a perfect match, I was actually thinking about putting Pennywise up there running behind the truck with his huge clown boots

But here is my progress so far

Still working on his head, next thing will be sculpting the rest of his body

Comments are more than welcome!!!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey man, this is looking really good so far. I really like the burn details you got going.
    I have just a couple of suggestions. After looking at some reference, i think his jaw might need to come back more and his chin not so pronounced.
    And then i think his eye sockets need to be a little deeper and more pronounced. in the original movie, his brow and socket seemed to be a lot sharper and bonier. and then I would maybe add some more wrinkles, eye lids around the eyes, maybe not as much scar tissue.
    But again these are just suggestions. Looking forward to seeing more. keep it up man!
    Jeff Stanislawski | Senior Artist at Gaming Corps
    online portfolio

Update 2

Here're a couple of WIB images. It's been a while since a post something but I've had little time to work on this challenge. Kind of busy with other stuff. Also took me some time to figure out low-poly modeling in Zbrush but I've found this excellent video on youtube from Michael Angelo Hernandez which I recommend for every Zbrush artist, even if you're not sculpting its one of the best videos out there.

Here's a link (hope he's ok with me posting this), make sure you watch the first video to, this is the bonus video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O53MKqgHdM

Anyway... I've decided to make Freddy a bit more cartoony, also trying to make the garbage truck a bit more in this style. Still needs a lot more work and stuff to do, detailing the truck, making garbage and garbage-bags and off course continue to work on Freddy.

Again, comments are more than welcome!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freddy WIP nr2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	379860  

Something went wrong but here's the garbage truck...