Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks x-titan, I am now poly painting the scene to complete it asap, here is my wip. UlisesVirgen, i tried your setting for lights but I think for my scene its too bright hence tweaked my lights. I am still struggling for a good render / light setting to get better results. Any suggestion for better rendering setting?

The polypaining is looking great. I'd say use mask by cavity in the masking menu to help darken up the creases and help the readability of the details. You'll really need to pay attention to the eyes area to make sure that we can tell he's squinting with effort. I'd say a light dead on, like we just came across him with a torch in our hand, and then try to get some rim lighting with additional lights to help his outline, perhaps from the moon. I'd also say get a low shot to enhance the drama of the pose and scene. Perhaps some green tendrils of rot in all the pumpkins, shouldn't be too hard to polypaint that on.

Good luck I hope you meet the deadline!

What a great piece sorry I missed this one. love the concept.

Click on the last light on the bottom of the light pallet then click on the small orange square in the light view move off to upper side of sphere . Helps to have a material selected like skin shader or basic material even if it isn't the material you are using, and the only light on except for the top and first light to make sure you get it as a rim light. Use a light whitish blue color with a low intensity. Wax preview turned on can help too and in your materials change the wax modifier temperature to a negative setting to get a good bluish light to shine through his skin a bit. You can also use the fog and depth feature to make a night-ish look to your scene. Using the BPR filters and the render adjustments especially playing with the blue to make it more night like.

Hope this helps good luck to you.

Default Final Entry

Hello guys, finally I have completed my entry. However I am not too much impressed with my entry but still I look it as first step towards mesmerizing world of zbrush.

markrulz: Thanks for the cavity masking suggestion as it is really good and helps a lot while selecting specific areas like wrinkles. I did this in pumpkinhead details.

Seavannah: Thanks for your suggestion regarding lights and material but I couldn't implement it on my character in final render. Light is a bit tricky for me to handle specially when I am trying something with light first time.

Overall I am not quite happy with the final render but still hopeful that I learned a lot while doing this sculpt. Here is my final render, not so good but still satisfactory due to its first tryout with lighting, material and sculpting a character independently. Final render with zbrush and enhanced in photoshop. Any tutorial for lights rendering understanding would greatly help. Thanks again for watching this thread and encouraging me.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpkinhead-final-render.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	383948  

well done my friend, let´s keep in touch
    It's not how you start, it's how you finish...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123