Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Lightbulb Twisted Horror (Pumpkinhead): Pumpkinhead tied as horse in horse cart

Hello Guys,

A little late but finally I've got my idea on what I am going to work on. I would work on Pumpkinhead creature that was created by witch. Pumpkinhead has no intelligence to do some brilliant work hence he has been caught by a farmer who is using him to pull his horse cart because he don't have horse. The farmer is shipping a lot of pumpkins in his cart to travel to city and to sell. So the scene is "Pumpkinhead is tied in horse cart and farmer selling pumpkins to villagers because halloween is coming".

Here is my first w.i.p. for pumpkinhead. Initial blocking of shapes and forms of character, later will also create cart, supporting characters.

Thanks sattstudio, here is my latest w.i.p. for pumpkinhead. I am almost done with pumpkinhead and now will work on cart and other objects in the scene.

Added some more details in pumpkinhead and its done. Now I'll work on cart and other objects to make scene as I expect. Sharing the wip guys, any suggestion will be welcomed.

It's a good start, it seems you're playing a bit fast and loose with the details of pumpkinhead. I'd say use more reference images from the internet to get the likeness a bit closer. Hold off on the skin details until the form looks as close as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by markrulz View Post
    It's a good start, it seems you're playing a bit fast and loose with the details of pumpkinhead. I'd say use more reference images from the internet to get the likeness a bit closer. Hold off on the skin details until the form looks as close as possible.
    Hi Markrulz, thanks for the suggestion. Actually I searched a couple of reference images but all were of different versions. Some had head modified and some had different features in back and leg. However I also slightly modified some places but I am still not sure that which image is correct to follow that has all features to understand. Any suggestion regarding reference images that are more accurate?

Agree with Markrulz, take some time and get the overall form right Like the foot looks too big. Its quite a skinny creature :P....

Here is the link for reference:scroll down it has some turnarounds ,should give you quite an idea of its form..

http://comicstatuecollection.forumfree.it/?t=66997278

Good luck mate...

And this link is the monster of references:Hope it helps

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f219/pu...read-8531.html

Thanks gkhopatk for references and your suggestions. I would definitely take a look at link to get better idea about pumpkinhead's form. Would update based on the references you provided to me, thanks a lot.

If you have netflix you can watch him in high def! Great reference from the movie and pausable to boot. I also found a signed closeup of the head from a google shot, really great but I'll have to find the link...

Default New WIP

Hi guys, based on the latest references provided by you I have modified the character to get correct form. Left image is taken for reference while a couple of images used for reference. Nor worked on tail yet as I focused on only to get correct form and basic shapes. Let me know where I can improve the form.

Looking good! You have better represented the character this time around. Just a few recommendations I hope will help. If the image attached appears to be too confusing let me know, I will clarify.

Thanks a lot Mr. Magoose, your suggestions are extremely helpful as I am beginner hence need to understand better about muscle flow and forms with its detail. I will update soon after working on your suggestions. Cheers!

New Member Follow User Gallery

narendraK, I am glad you are finding this advice useful. Not only beginners lack certain information or the execution of it. I often find myself not knowing or forgetting to employ things I have learned. Part of being an artist is problem solving, we just need the proper tools. A great art instructor Robert Beverly Hale has said something along these lines; you must make a conscious effort and hope to get it into your subconscious at which point it will become graceful. We all hope to gain that status.

I cannot wait to see your progress, you are doing excellent so far!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast