New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (Frankenstein (1931) Frankenstein as a plastic surgeon

This is my absolute first post. Frankenstein as a plastic surgeon! I'm brand new at this. I hope you all like the attempt!

The idea is to have Frankie and his pals (wolfman, dracula, Igor and Fishboy) all together to help him run his surgery clinic. The problem is that his patients don't all come willingly so his pals have to provide him subjects so he can "practice." Because, well you know, that's what doctors do. Practice.

Default The creature from the black lagoon bust

Here is my first attempt at an upload. Please bear with me. This is the Creature from the Black Lagoon, here and after known as "Fishboy." In my mind's eye he's going to show up in the scene with his girlfriend because, well she needs plastic surgery. I tried to get him close to the original without copying so please forgive any artistic license. The reference was based on https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTggYAni0G7M-CubFlk3hdXEHAU_-kU-LkzxlX9vGBtSNgKuzm.f

I'm will probably rework some of the polypaint as there are some gaps that I didn't see last night. Best advice to artists is always take a step back and revisit your work after some time has passed. Most of the time I love everything the first time I get it done, and then when I come back it's poop!

Began from a sphere. Standard push/pull with standard brush. Many of the crags were made with the "Orb Cracks" brush. I love that brush! Critiques are welcomed!

Default Frankenstein Progress

I wanted to share my work so far on Frankie. Started from a sphere, I had a lot of trouble with the mouth. I wound up scrapping the mouth and extracting a new subtool, re-worked and merged down to close holes. It was painful! I was aiming for the 1931 version but got carried away. This is now the 1931 version that has begun to rot with time. Maybe he's in need of his own plastic surgery. Comments welcomed!

I'm digging the overall look and feel of his face. Not sure if you are planning to but I would recommend adding a little more stitching to top of head.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Love the new take on Frank. He has a slight car sales man creepiness... as though as a plastic surgeon he peddles his spare parts!

Great start, the mouth is still one of the areas that i still have to tweak alot before I nail it down....

Looking forward to seeing this develope.

@Cyborgpencil. Thanks! Yeah I'm struggling at the moment on the stitching. I found a general brush but it's not really working for me. Hopefully it will get better.
    @LynneMitchell. Thanks for the comments. Yeah as soon as you said it I was thinking salesman. It's funny that you mention spare parts. I'm planning on modelling a bucket full of limbs that Frank can use in his plastic surgery practice. I hope it will look good!
    @KurtB. Thanks for the comments, I love the progress you're making! You're definitely great to compare to!

I've attached my latest progress.. this is what I have so far for texturing. LOTS more to go. Your feedback is welcome! Thanks again!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to share my progress so far on Frank. Posing in ZBrush is such a pain! I hope you enjoy my interpretation. Comments welcome.

Good start, I'd hold off texturing until you get him further sculpted. Will he be admiring the Bride of Frankenstein? Or caressing her face? I'd love to see a quick sketch on your plan.

Will he be wearing a doctor's coat etc.?

Looking forward to your sculpt.

Default Final Entry - Frankenstein as a plastic surgeon

Wow, I can't believe how fast the time flew by! I definitely learned a lot in this competition. Here is my final render. Multiple render passes/materials compiled in Photoshop. I hope you like it!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FinalEntry.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	384229