Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Fantastic. Best looking CG hair I've seen to date.

one of the most photo realistic portraits renders out there.. and I mean not just render wise, but the amount of effort you put in her expression and subtle details...hair would be the last thing id mention since its already speaking for it self. cant stop staring

@enishi / Ralramahi : Thanks! Yeah I love details its fascinating to see how much details our faces contains.Although it looks neglectable but it all add to the total sum of reality.
    @INFINITE : Thanks!... Its still WIP I hope I can improve it more.

Studying peachfuzz .

it's been shockingly to see discover how much hair covers our faces. Especially blond people looks like a Yeti in closeup. Peachfuzz really helps soften the face corners and edges. Also providing some diffuse illumination to the face with a fresnel kind of fall off. Here is a small crop of a 4K render to see check the density. THe challenge here is to pick the right amount of fur that ruin the aesthetics. Shading wise it is so thin that its more translucent and white. Also change the eye shape a little bit..

todo: -teeth , lips ,increase skinpores details (now limited by zbrush need to subdiv more) , eye bloodveins need better texturing/alignment. Tuned down the reflection might have to bring back some more reflection in the centre of the eye.

Cheers,

Mao-Lin Liao

/Digital Sculpting
    /Look Development
    /Game Asset

w: www.khitandigital.nl
    blg :www.khitans.blogspot.com
    m: +31 648776664

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by khitan View Post
    @enishi / Ralramahi : Thanks! Yeah I love details its fascinating to see how much details our faces contains.Although it looks neglectable but it all add to the total sum of reality.
    @INFINITE : Thanks!... Its still WIP I hope I can improve it more.

Studying peachfuzz .

it's been shockingly to see discover how much hair covers our faces. Especially blond people looks like a Yeti in closeup. Peachfuzz really helps soften the face corners and edges. Also providing some diffuse illumination to the face with a fresnel kind of fall off. Here is a small crop of a 4K render to see check the density. THe challenge here is to pick the right amount of fur that ruin the aesthetics. Shading wise it is so thin that its more translucent and white. Also change the eye shape a little bit..

todo: -teeth , lips ,increase skinpores details (now limited by zbrush need to subdiv more) , eye bloodveins need better texturing/alignment. Tuned down the reflection might have to bring back some more reflection in the centre of the eye.

Really loving the peachfuzz. The only thing that really bothers me is the harsh falloff that the veins in the eyes have. Take it back into photoshop and randomize the falloff a bit.
    But to be honest dude, this is just me nitpicking. Brilliant work so far.
    My blog (updated A LOT): http://zenopelgrims.com/blog
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/zenopelgrims
    My portfolio website: http://www.zenopelgrims.com

Your right and I fixed it already... didnt notice until I work at 4K.

Quote Originally Posted by zenopelgrims View Post
    Really loving the peachfuzz. The only thing that really bothers me is the harsh falloff that the veins in the eyes have. Take it back into photoshop and randomize the falloff a bit.
    But to be honest dude, this is just me nitpicking. Brilliant work so far.
    Cheers,

Mao-Lin Liao

/Digital Sculpting
    /Look Development
    /Game Asset

It is nice, some parts is to hairy for me, especialy nose. I think for this kind of loseups, or portrait render with high resolution, you used low res texture. I dont know, how many textures you used, but in eye closeups, in area of glabella, I see pixels of texture, but very nice work.

I agree on the lowres texture.. it wasnt made for this kind of closeup . But I will update that later.. now focus on the peachfuzz.. I havent paint a density map to map the area with less or short hair. But saying that there are some reference I am using that even more hairy. Check this image here. I think it really depend on what race and haircolor you have :

Quote Originally Posted by lukas.chrapek View Post
    It is nice, some parts is to hairy for me, especialy nose. I think for this kind of loseups, or portrait render with high resolution, you used low res texture. I dont know, how many textures you used, but in eye closeups, in area of glabella, I see pixels of texture, but very nice work.
    Cheers,

Mao-Lin Liao

/Digital Sculpting
    /Look Development
    /Game Asset

amazing, would love to see a in depth tutorial, step by step; especially about your hair-workflow, how to use fiber mesh guides in maya

Hi Michael,

I had a brief explanation how I export the curves but not how to integrate into maya. If there is enough interest I could write a tutorial how to do it. But I'm afraid you have to wait a bit longer till I finish this piece.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...=1#post1049548

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMaehring View Post
    amazing, would love to see a in depth tutorial, step by step; especially about your hair-workflow, how to use fiber mesh guides in maya
    Cheers,

Mao-Lin Liao

/Digital Sculpting
    /Look Development
    /Game Asset

very nice work. i like how the tear ducts are looking

if you plan to render the final piece in such a high rez,
    then the skin shader needs some serious overhaul to hold out in those close ups, especially the skin reflectance
    also texture maps would need to be highier resolution as well.

keep it up, and good luck ,)

I second Bukkit, for such big close up, there is a lot of work to be done to make it real in close. It needs super high res textures,at least 8k, etc.

Other then that, loook's great! I'll wait and see it progress
    Also Avaliable for freelance.

http://www.lucbegin.com

Wow, thats startling. I really live the close up detail

Whoa...this is almost getting TOO good aha. But seriously, your attention to detail is staggering; one thing I'd like to point out is your choice in reference, its awesome to see that you take the time to find solid reference of exactly what you're trying to aim for. Anyway, its looking great so far and I anticipate the final result

it becomes more and more excellent! great progress! waiting for the next update

Quote Originally Posted by khitan View Post
    Hi Michael,

I had a brief explanation how I export the curves but not how to integrate into maya. If there is enough interest I could write a tutorial how to do it. But I'm afraid you have to wait a bit longer till I finish this piece.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...=1#post1049548
    I will be waiting patiently - would be GREAT if you could point us the way!!

have fun!

cheers michael

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast