Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Bram Stoker's Dracula (Breaking Bad)

So this is my first entry for this competition. I'm sculpting Gary Oldman's Dracula character from Bram Stoker's Dracula. Its approx 3hrs of work so far. typically I always begin with zspheres, but am forcing myself to start with Dynamesh. Its pretty awesome. I'm still not sure which way to put a spin on the character, but currently leaning towards a Breaking Bad theme. could be fun and funny too. Everyone's work so far is pretty good and its a fun competition to be a part of. good luck to all of you!

Default wip03

i did a bit more work on dracula, but wanted to start the van helsing character.
    For me, anthony hopkins was a challenge to get started, but i'm satisfied with the rough so far.

Goodstart Sir! My Humble advice is please see more skull references to nail the head structure sir! but overall, this is a great start! sculpt more sir.

DarkHalo,
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely have to look at some more skull references. I'm trying to challenge myself by doing three likenesses. It's a weakness I'd like to improve on and am happy to receive comments and critiques from anyone. thanks and good luck to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by harapuzo View Post
    DarkHalo,
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely have to look at some more skull references. I'm trying to challenge myself by doing three likenesses. It's a weakness I'd like to improve on and am happy to receive comments and critiques from anyone. thanks and good luck to everyone

Lets keep learning together with the help of this challenge, I myself wants to nail likeness like Raf Grasseti does, excellent likeness. I believe this challenges was designed for that., I have to learn a lot lot lot lot lot lot more too..your very welcome as well to crit my works sir.

worked on the dracula character a bit more. gave him glasses. made them using primitives, dynamesh, and clip curves.
    Also began my Keanu sculpt. These likeness are pretty challenging for me, but I'm improving I think. My speed is up too.
    It's been a goal of mine to focus on speed, so I limit myself to a time frame and move from model to model.
    Seeing top pros fly through their sculpts is very inspiring and something to shoot for.

He's looking pretty good so far. i think i could tell that was gary oldman if i didn't already know
    my small suggestion would be to maybe pull his eyes back farther into his head. if you look at the profile in your first post. i think the space between his ear and the corner of his eye is a bit large. and then maybe add in some more definition with the wrinkles and he'd be looking really good.
    but the mouth and the glasses look great. keep it up man.
    Jeff Stanislawski | Senior Artist at Gaming Corps
    online portfolio

Thank you Jeff for the crit. happy to hear that the character likeness was reading as the actor.
    I'll for sure revisit the proportions and keep an eye on the mods you suggested.
    its still early wip stage, hope to get into the secondary and detail stages this weekend.
    currently working on the respirator masks, and other props.

trying to mix it up with props and organic sculpts. here's a respirator mask i made today.
    used primitives, dyna, extract, transpose, clip curve, zspheres, curve straps, and insert mesh for it.

another update to Dracula. I changed the glasses a bit and spent time with wrinkles. Still lots to do. Will move on to another character now though.
    Haven't really touched the hair. not sure if I should sculpt it or fibremesh it. Usually i leave hair until the end, esp if I fibremesh it. much easier for posing I find.

Nice work on the wrinkles! Bryan Cranston really has the best facial wrinkle reference. It's like those are chiseled in there.

I agree those wrinkles are fantastic! And I just love the glasses it makes it really funny.

Midost
    LynneMitchell

Thanks for the feedback on the wrinkles
    Its something that I'm becoming more comfortable sculpting now.
    Good luck to you!

I've got a couple of updates. pushed my hopkins and reeves sculpts further.
    really far behind though! two weeks will fly by I'm sure. but the way i figure is
    the likeness' are more or less out of the way, so I can hopefully go quicker with
    the remaining bits. We'll see good luck to everyone participating

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast