Default Ricky's WIP

What's up, ZFriends? I wanted to drop a few works in progress your way, and put myself out there. I've been using ZBrush for about 10 months, now. I will never go back to the dark side...except for animation. Unless the next release handles that, lol. Anyway, I would appreciate any critique on these. They are all in different states of completion, using various techniques from hard surface sculpting to nDynamic cloth sim. I've been working on Athena for nearly 7 hours, Vader for about 5, and my battle angel concept off and on when I get a chance. Thanks, and happy ZBrushing!

Default Ricky Kimball Darth Vader Update

So, I've been working on this for the past few weeks. Some of these renders are BPRs, and others have been pulled into Keyshot 4 to get some nice images. Once I retop the entire bust, I will nail down the actual coloring from the ESB helmet.

Ricky Kimball Darth Vader:

visit www.rickykimball.net

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

this is looking awesome. Maybe try tinting the lenses slightly red in photoshop? Otherwise, I really like the render. Makes me feel like firing up a little Empire.

Member Follow User Gallery

I'll throw some amber into the diffuse once I get the low poly and UVs squared away. That and the two tone black that usually goes unnoticed.

Vader is looking nice.
    I'm currently working on a character with a helmet as well but my hard surface modeling skills are really bad.
    I would like to know more about your workflow espacially about the edge of the helmet.
    I tried everything from trim brushes to trim curve but nothing gives me a satisfying result.

Quote Originally Posted by t.manz View Post
    Vader is looking nice.
    I'm currently working on a character with a helmet as well but my hard surface modeling skills are really bad.
    I would like to know more about your workflow espacially about the edge of the helmet.
    I tried everything from trim brushes to trim curve but nothing gives me a satisfying result.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The way I get clean edges is through retopology and creasing. I use those after I have a base sculpt that gives me the surface information necessary to be a good guide. If you want, I can put together a .pdf to demo what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by rdubya82 View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate it. The way I get clean edges is through retopology and creasing. I use those after I have a base sculpt that gives me the surface information necessary to be a good guide. If you want, I can put together a .pdf to demo what I mean.
    I'd worship the ground you're walking on

Quote Originally Posted by t.manz View Post
    I'd worship the ground you're walking on
    Haha, for the sake of my mortal soul not being struck down by eternal lightning and the fact that there are so many great artists on here with a thousand times more experience than me, that isn't necessary. Give me a day to get it together, and I'll post it up here.

that would be awesome!

I would love to see that as well.

great models love them specially Dark Vader and Athena. Not too sure on the shredding of her Toga top the sides if they are to be shredded should be hanging down due to gravity look a little starched and strait out but as this is a WIP I will shut it lol. The battle angel is great wow that is some cool hard surface sculpting.

I would like like to know what material are you using to sculpt with it looks nice specially for the harder surface modeling.

keep sculpting and teaching you never know I have found sometimes the novice teaches the masters and more experienced and usually they come up with better never before seen stuff, unique ways of doing things, and crazy concepts from the deepest of imaginations.

I really like your stuff and I think you will contribute more here than you think. I see great potential and you are far above my level even after all theses years you have a fan. I am not stagnant though I love to learn so please show your topology and crease please I have a feeling it is what I need since your hard surface modeling is really good and clean.

looking forward to more. Have fun and Happy ZBrushing

Great work dude! Love your Darth Vader!
    Chris R

Excellent work I love how his reflection is of a scene in the suburbs haha Keep it up
    When you know what to do, you do what you know

Still struggling with hard surfacing myself.
    I'd to see your technique as well.
    How long have you been zBrushing?

Quote Originally Posted by oloyd View Post
    Still struggling with hard surfacing myself.
    I'd to see your technique as well.
    How long have you been zBrushing?
    Alright, guys. I'm putting together a video demo. Should be up and ready by the end of the day. Thanks so much for the input!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast