Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror (The Shining) Jack In A Box

Hey, guys.

I'm finally submitting an idea.
    I decided on a Jack In A Box, or Jack Torrance In A Box to be exact, from The Shining (1980)

Been having alot of fun with this, and hope to make it better each day.
    Would like to place him in a toystore, if I can, among other friendlier toys.
    Meanwhile, I will try to post my WIP's and hope to get some feedback from all of you.

Happy ZBrushing.

Really cool idea. How is the blood done? That's a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Embraced_Ford View Post
    Really cool idea. How is the blood done? That's a nice touch.
    Thanks. The blood is just from a special collection of brushes. Not sure if it will be included in the finals.

awesome idea man. and it's shaping up nicely so far. I love the hotel carpet texture on the box. very nice touch.
    If you were interested in any critiques I would suggest maybe take a look at his eyes a little more. they seem a little strange. i think the inside of them maybe pushed in too far and the brow seems like it might be a little thin.
    then his jaw and the side of his face could maybe use a little bit of work. especially where the ear meets the jaw. and maybe the corner of his mouth also. and some of the wrinkles might benefit from a little smoothing, they seem a little bit sharp in some places.
    sorry if that seems like a lot. it's just a lot of small things though. it's already a great likeness. Keep up the good work man!
    Jeff Stanislawski | Senior Artist at Gaming Corps
    online portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_stan View Post
    awesome idea man. and it's shaping up nicely so far. I love the hotel carpet texture on the box. very nice touch.
    If you were interested in any critiques I would suggest maybe take a look at his eyes a little more. they seem a little strange. i think the inside of them maybe pushed in too far and the brow seems like it might be a little thin.
    then his jaw and the side of his face could maybe use a little bit of work. especially where the ear meets the jaw. and maybe the corner of his mouth also. and some of the wrinkles might benefit from a little smoothing, they seem a little bit sharp in some places.
    sorry if that seems like a lot. it's just a lot of small things though. it's already a great likeness. Keep up the good work man!
    No no, that's good. I need that. Keeps me going
    Will work more on it, among other things.

Thanks.

Still working on that face

I really am digging this! Is it possible for you to shrink the images just a bit? It is difficult to load on slower connections. Also do you have any tips on creating the blood? I am not making any but I would like to know how you made those.

Thanks
    Erik

Quote Originally Posted by cyborgpencil View Post
    I really am digging this! Is it possible for you to shrink the images just a bit? It is difficult to load on slower connections. Also do you have any tips on creating the blood? I am not making any but I would like to know how you made those.

Thanks
    Erik
    Goody
    Sure, I'll post something smaller next time.

I am using a Splash Brush Set, for the blood, which is available for free on Badking.com, along with other great stuff, including the Monster Packs. Be sure to check that out.
    Other than that, you could use any kind of insert brush, and make something out of it, as well as from masking.

Member Follow User Gallery

Pretty cool what your doing with the blood. Its a really nice touch!.. I'm curious are you planning on putting details on the box it's self?

Quote Originally Posted by edgemaster View Post
    Pretty cool what your doing with the blood. Its a really nice touch!.. I'm curious are you planning on putting details on the box it's self?
    Thanks.

I was actually thinking about it, but will have to see later on. Could be cool having some other stuff on it.

Member Follow User Gallery

Thats a pretty greatl likeness; especially the eyes! The blood splatter is awesome. I would love to see him in a top toy- got for it!

Quote Originally Posted by KreativApe3D View Post
    Thats a pretty greatl likeness; especially the eyes! The blood splatter is awesome. I would love to see him in a top toy- got for it!
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast