Cool Twisted Horror (Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Friday the 13th) - TF2 Showdown

Hey guys! I just couldn't resist joining this contest.

The ultimate showdown has begun! Leatherface from Texas Chainsaw Massacre versus Jason from Friday the 13th. I hope to portray a classic fight between these two movie horror film monsters in the world of Team Fortress 2.

My biggest challenge will be trying to match the art style of TF2 on this. I'm not going for something close to the look of the game, but take some of its artistic elements and visuals to recreate a battle between these two characters. I hope you enjoy this entry and wish you the best of luck with yours!

Here is my reference sheet...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Cool!
    I actually checked out some of your tutorials for my character.
    Looking forward to this.
    Good luck!

Thanks molossus! I like your character, nice style

Here are some thumbnail designs, just trying to figure out the initial model's shape. I have my favorites, but I'd like to know your thoughts before to start the modeling work. Thanks!

For what it’s worth I would go for the second on top who looks a bit hunchbacked and for the other one I would go for top right corner one. Then one has his weight more on the top and the other on the bottom which could create funny opposites.
    If you would want to go really stylized I would go for the first one on the top and the second one (starting from the left) on top for the other but perhaps with even smaller legs.
    Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback man! I needed to clear my mind I think I'm going for these proportions. Face and other stuff will change on the fly, I need to start modeling asap...

Nice concept

Thanks!

I think the initial concept's face/head didn't fit well within the tf2 art style, so I went in a new direction with this. I will try another designs, but I think this is closer to the face/head I want to see in leatherface character.

Love the look and feel of the model already cant wait to see more.....

Really loving the TF2 idea and how you have translated the concepts across to your idea. Keep up the great work.

Member Follow User Gallery

Like your style and the dynamic between the characters so far. Can't wait to see the final composition.

Thanks everyone!

Here's a quick sketch I did to get the overall proportions for leatherface... still in a very rough stage, i'm just trying to get a good shape and silhouette

Now, some work on Jason...

Awesome idea and concept. Love the start of Jason very much! Good luck to you and happy ZBrushing!

Thank you! Here's an update on leatherface... I was not happy with his face, so I did some tweaks to the shape

Really love the cartoon rendered style and the characters!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast