Default Twisted Horror (Hellraiser)-- Pinhead as steampunk battlemech pilot.

Ok, so this might be a lofty entry. I was going to do Pinhead at a Steampunk style toymaker but that is too close to cuatrod's Carpenter Pinhead. So the next best thing to me would be Pinhead piloting a battlemech of course. It's not very comical but I think it's an unexpected scenario. I'd like to make a pretty ornate battlemech compared to what I concepted.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Cool concept and good start.
    Im also avoiding making something comical, its good to have a bit of variety.
    I look forward to seeing updates.

Pretty much done dialing in the major features. I'm really trying to get the doughy, slightly kind, but menacing look he has. Next is time for the fun stuff.
    All the movies are on netflix. It's interesting seeing how every sfx artist makes him a bit different.

Ok, finally got some time to get a decent look going. I need to redo the nails. I think they're too thin. I'll get to the steampunk styled clothes and the mech next. The hardest part is done I hope.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinhead1.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	380993  

sculpted his upper torso and started the clothes. I'm toying with the idea of giving him a Dapper hat and a mustache.

Working on the mech. No WIP image to show but I thought I'd share some troubleshooting workflow. When making dynamesh cutouts using geo polygrouped as dynamesh-sub I'd often get broken unusable pieces. I used to just figured another way to make the shape but I've come up with a solution if you're interested or having the same issue.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Your project is looking good, Really nice info you posted on re-meshing. Yeah, the difference can be seen for sure.
    Best regards
    Greg Hurley

face is starting to really look like him. Great job. Love the difference between Dyna mesh and ZRemesher run through. Good luck to you and lot's of fun.

Thank you guys for the feedback. It's encouraging.
    Posting a workflow for my Lament Configuration which I'll be cutting up to decorate my Mech.

Some mech concepts and body parts wip. Not sure I'm going to get this done in time at this rate.

Really looking good. I hope you get this done, it's a great concept.

I found some great brushes that might come in handy for this.

http://www.badking.com.au/site/produ...ustom-brushes/

They've posted a while ago but lots of chains/treads/etc that might help move the project along. Hope that works for the competition, not sure.

Markrulz, I really appreciate that. The site is great. I can't believe I've never heard of it.
    Technically the rules say all assets need to be made in zBrush and all those were made in zbrush, but then again no multi person entries... Only the moderators can say for sure.
    But regardless it will be a great resource for the future.

Roughed out mech body progress.

very cool concept and work so far. I love all the chains going on. it would cool if you could find a away and the time, to work in some muscle/ anatomy type elements into the mech robot, similar to some of the stuff in the film. kind of anatomical/ organic infused with the metal. chains and gears and such.
    Either way, it's coming along very nicely, definitely looking forward to seeing this one finished. Good luck!
    Jeff Stanislawski | Senior Artist at Gaming Corps
    online portfolio

Thank you Jeff_stan! I actually am adding little hints of anatomy. It's so subtle you need to use your imagination. The shapes hint at an Atlas pose holding up the mech. I'm also making the forearms metal versions of the ulna and radius. I know what you mean though. I'd love to get that in there more than what I've mentioned. I'm still blocking in the mechanical shapes and designing his clothes. dynamesh, zMesher, clipping brush are my bread and butter on this project.

Nice one...Keep an eye on the balance point of the mechanical robot..like the thigh part seems very thin...but this could still be in-progress...I really like the hand of that machine...good luck..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast