Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Twisted Horror - ('From Dusk Till Dawn') Gecko Brothers Br Ba (Breaking Bad)

Hiya Everyone,
    Discovered this contest about a week ago, came up with an idea (Friday the 13th Jason) only to discover my idea was invalid as the 1980s version only includes jason as disfigured boy in the lake at the end So I delayed a further week to come up with a new killer idea.... so here goes:

Film Choice: 'From Dusk Till Dawn'
    Twist: Br Ba (Breaking Bad)

Decided to twist it into a Breaking Bad theme Big fan of the show so i thought why not give the Gecko Bro's another use for that RV

Ok so here is a collage of some of my Reference images Used

This is my rough concept sketch

This next string of images shows the development of the RV from basic ZPrimatives.

^ It is here that i have used Zremesher and then Goz to create the geometry below (Goz used for the Window and door geometry)

Really need to get a Shuffle on ONE WEEK To Go......

good start to your scene! funny concept, hope you have time to complete it!

Quote Originally Posted by harapuzo View Post
    good start to your scene! funny concept, hope you have time to complete it!
    Yeh I should have enough time to complete it........ Just got to get a lot done over the next couple of days

Ok soooo, you know when you really want everything to go as planned........ well this isn't so ill keep going but i am unsure i will get time to finish it

here is are a couple of updates.
    Its all going to be a little bit rushed but ill try.

firstly the RV..... this damned thing is tricky to do with zbrush alone.

I cant seem to get the overall look right

This is my 'Richie Gecko' character sculpt (Quentin Tarantino)
    Started as Zspheres, Dynamesh, Zremeshed and finally posed and Sculpted using a variety of brushes, ClayTubes, ClayBuildup, Move, Crumple, Standard and DamStandard
    Zspheres (think this was the rigging mesh for posing)

Little bit of Polypainting and material selection

C+C welcome/Required

just another wip image of R.Gecko Criticism welcome.
    Just cant find enough time to get the resemblance right.

I think you've done a good job of getting a likeness, both in your concept sketch and the model, although there is something about that sketch that I think is a little better. If I were going to change it I'd make it closer to the sketch. I'm talking about the smaller subtle details because overall its very good!

Quote Originally Posted by sjensen View Post
    I think you've done a good job of getting a likeness, both in your concept sketch and the model, although there is something about that sketch that I think is a little better. If I were going to change it I'd make it closer to the sketch. I'm talking about the smaller subtle details because overall its very good!
    Thanks for the input, I was thinking something similar, the lower half needs some toning down like the legs less creases? And the face has got likeness but not quite right, I can't see where to correct it though?

Ok so time has really got away from me, I'll update with some more wip images tomoz, started on Seth Gecko, now I really don't like this atm so I have a lot to do.

couple of WIP images,
    Still got a hell of a lot to do like soooooooo much but i might make it....... maybe........ i hope so....

Ok, so here's a little about the process of making my Walter white/Seth Gecko, relaxed t-pose, this is style of sculpting I am not used to as I have never done cartoon stylized characters in Zbrush before. So here is my basic process/approach for quick to the point sculpting, if I had noticed the competition earlier my approach would have been different.
    -Started as a Zsphere mesh (torso, arms and legs)
    -Then dynameshed to use the move brush mostly and the standard brush and smooth brush to block out the basic form of the character and its features (which I want zremesher to pick up)
    -used zremesher to give me nice even topology to work with.
    - I then masked out the areas for the clothing (shirt and pants) and individually used extract to create separate elements to be able to sculpt for the clothing.
    - The head and shoulders were sculpted from a dynamesh sphere, and then zremeshed to achieve even topology over and around the facial features. Then I tried to use simple but bold adjustments to achieve a stylized look.
    This was done with the move brush mainly in the lowest subdivision level and the spolish and hpolish at very low zintensity's at higher subdiv levels.
    - all colour is poly paint and various materials.

Now all I need to do Lol is created a baron canyon scene for this to be set in and start on the bpr renders and filters to achieve the final composition I'm after.... I'm looking to demonstrate the new posterize features.

Very cool what a cool cartoon style. Love the underwear lol and the RV. Good luck to you.

Thanks seavannah, I was going for a sketched comic/ Graphic novel style. Hopefully it comes across.

Right couple of quick, ScreenGrabs of my scene setting so far......... ahhhhhh not loooong now..... i just dont have the time atm... i wish i had seen this comp soon still i will soldier on

Little Update and test render of a partial scene lol still time i think...... lol

This is a BPR render in Zbrush only..... no post production whatsoever
    Its a nice effect

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast