Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Somehow you misunderstood me. I have not tried it. The methods I use work quite well for me, I personally don't see 'needing this' or that having it would enhance my workflow..

Argh ! Again ! Was just trying to apologize for misunderstanding and did it again...
    So to lessen risk to do it again, taking it all back to the beginning, simply :
    Thank for you comment !!!

If someone's interested in being warned by PM or mail of new versions coming out, I'll make a mailing list so :

_ Send me a PM with :
    - Your e-mail / zbrushCentral id
    - MAC / PC

Except the mac version soon.

Cheers !

Default SizeAjustor***UPDATE v0.92 : Now PC + MAC***

Hello everyone !

I just finished porting the plug to OSx, so here it is. Works exactly the same, one archive for both systems.

I tested it quite well but if you experience quirks with a key tell me which one did cause problem and what keyboard type do you have (including language).

Next I'll try to setup features like axis culling and freeze cursor position ( sorry polyxo, next release ).

I think maybe next release I'll rename the plugin to SizeAdjustor, cause current name is experiencing identity problems about being French or English.

Happy sculpting everyone

Cool I'll have to give it a try when I get a chance. As for the Mac vs Windows I don't have a choice at work.

Haha the great mac/pc civil war I'm working for peace here providing both versions :P

Thanx MentalFrog It's very quick to set-up you'll see

Come back after trying to give us your impressions

Post Report !!!

Attention please :

Somebody reported having this minor issue :
    It's not really a SizeAjustor bug but some little hotkey assignment problem which can happen sometime.
    He had set up the plugin to work with the S key, which was previously assigned to the AdjustPlugin ( the other one not mine ), and somehow the hotkeys got mixed up by zBrush and the plugin started to bug. ( one or the other axis not functioning - text from the previous plugin showing in the status bar... )

Solution : Just making sure to reset / set the conflicting hotkeys and relaunching zBrush should do it.

I mean : First, try relaunch zBrush. If you still have got the issue after, CTRL-ALT click on the big button to set up a hotkey, press DEL to remove it properly, do the same in the AdjustPlugin or whatever, and only after that set the hotkey and it should do it.

General procedure to test the SizeAjustor plugin :

First, I you've got any doubt that the plugin isn't operating properly just try it on several keys.
    Also, look at the big button while operating : It should stay grayed out (disabled) from the time when you press the key down to when you release it, without blinking in any manner. Even if there was a problem the plugin should still work but would keep "blinking", kinda like the AdjustPlugin normally works, so you could still use it ok but it would feel soooo less smooth. (And you could even think that the plugin is just working like it should whereas not at all).

Good sculpting everyone, hope it will be useful !!!

Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up Love it!

Hello KeuPon,

Thank you for this awesome plugin! I have been wanting something like this for zbrush for an eternity now.

I love how you supplied options for which settings to link to which axis, strength multiplier and the ability to reverse axis. I could set it up just the way I liked it best!

It also works buttery smooth.

I would love some axis culling (with a radius setting for defining the "dead zone" where snapping does not take effect yet) but even if that does not make it in.. Thank you so much

This makes a huge difference in the pleasure i get from sculpting.

Kind regards

JW

Thanks a lot ! Very happy to read such nice comments

The culling function is nearly ready, with customizable dead zone radius
    ( Thanks you gave me the name hehe )
    It will be here I think tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Cool Still interested

Quote Originally Posted by KeuPon View Post
    Thanks a lot ! Very happy to read such nice comments

The culling function is nearly ready, with customizable dead zone radius
    ( Thanks you gave me the name hehe )
    It will be here I think tomorrow.

Have a nice weekend everyone
    Hey man,

Just wanted to let you know that I've been sculpting a whole lot last weekend. It had been a long time since I last sculpted (months) and your plugin definitely made things easier to pick it up again and get in the flow.

I understand you do this scripting just for fun but I want you to know that if you decide to update it with the axis culling, when the time suits you, I will be one very happy "customer".

I am subscribed to this thread so Ill get an automatic notification when you reply.

Just because this is zbrushcentral have a picture of something I sculpted last weekend while "in the flow" and using your plugin. I hope you don't mind.

Kind regards.

Happy to see you're pleased with my work and that it makes your workflow more fluid, as it is exactly its primary goal

Talking of that, I want to share here something that a zbrush.fr user pointed out about the future culling feature :
    His point of view is that someone who would rely on such feature would be missing the point, as the good thing about this plugin is that it introduces a more 'analogous' way of setting brush size / focal shift, just fitting in the whole zBrush philosophy, so ideally you shouldn't start to mind about changing a little bit the draw size when you change focal shift.

I would not be so extreme : I think that there is cases where this feature would actually be useful ( like for instance repetitive details applied via alphas, with RGB and Z intensity where you sometimes want to keep an exact value for pure black transparency or etc... etc... ) and too that for some anxious people it could 'free their mind of one parameter while adjusting the other' ( don't know if I'm understandable here lol ). But I really think that it is a very interesting and valid idea, and that you should keep it in a corner of your mind when dealing with such features. I really love the way zBrush is build around the very concept of workflow and how it turns into some philosophy, and don't want to spoil it in any way - so I gave you that warning

A lot of blah blah isn't it ??? Anyway remember : The work must flow

No problem for posting the picture ( nicely executed by the way ). It's kinda like "mind what you say, the walls have got ears !!!"

About why I coded this, yeah I guess it kinda "for fun" as I did it mainly because I felt like it would really improve my ( and others ) zBrush workflow, but as I'm currently finishing my master CG degree in a cinema university ( maybe not the exact English term ), it is also going to be something which will fill my scripting portfolio along other little things like mel scripts I've done.

P.S. : Sorry I know I told that the next version should be out already but it's gonna be postponed a little bit as I don't have enough free time for now.

Have a nice sculpting time, everyone

Lightbulb Need more feedback !!! Please !!!

Sorry for this bump, I know it's not very polite, but I really need more feedback !!!

I find it suspicious to have so good comments but so few, considering too that I know for sure that a whole lot of people really want this feature.

It will take you only 5 minutes or so, and will possibly greatly enhance your sculpting experience !!!

Consider the time I've spent working on this, for you members of this wonderful community : I coded it in zScript but also C++, on Windows but also OSX whereas I don't use this system myself : 5 minutes is really nothing compared.

Please consider posting your feedback, either good or bad ( you can just say "It works ok" ) so I will actually know it for sure. I think some people think that they don't need to report when the plugin is operating ok, whereas in fact it's as important as reporting bugs.

Thank a lot !!!

Default Feedback

Hello Keupon,

I'm sorry if my previous reply gave the impression I wanted the new features -now-. Its why I wrote "when the time suits you" but perhaps that expression means something else than I thought it did.

That said the only thing I could find "wrong" (and I've used it extensively and am still using it whenever I sculpt) are some small errors in the tooltips.

=====

Errors in the toggle buttons which describe which functionality to link to the respective axis. This holds true for both the X and Y axis.

They all start with "Asjust" instead of "Adjust".
    Z intensity and RGB intensity are both described as "Draw Size" in the tooltip.

=====

There are also some mistakes in other tooltips:

The big button is called "JJJ Size ajust".

The tooltip for delay also uses "ajust" instead of "adjust".

The plugin itself is called "SizeAjustor" instead of "SizeAdjustor".

=====

Here is some additional feedback in the form of a feature request if your open to it. Of course I would still love axis culling but you already know that.

I would like to have the option to make the tablet pen tip part of the hotkey for your plugin. It would allow me some additional control. This may be a personal thing but when I use just the hotkey I have my tablet pen floating above the surface of my tablet. This gives me slightly jittery movement and a little less control.

Compare this to having to hold down the button -and- place the pen tip on the tablet. Now the feeling is much more solid and its even easier to control with precision! When I first started using your plugin I had a few times where I confused myself because I was actually touching the tablet while holding the shortcut for the SizeAdjustor plugin. This means you sculpt and change the brush size at the same time. Gives really wonky results

====

As far as feedback on the use of your plugin. I'm afraid a lot of people use free stuff nowadays without saying thanks. I hope you wont let that fact discourage you. I'm certain many people find your plugin as great as I do!

Kind regards,

JW

Thanks a lot 3dioot

I didn't get you wrong at all and understood very well what you didn't say "now" or so, no problem at all ! I just said sorry for postponing the next release because I told in a previous post that it would come out the next day or so, but I've talked too fast

The plugin is actually called "SizeAjustor", it's the French way of spelling the verb "ajuster"... I started my script calling it in French but as it became more complete switched to English and that "d" was kinda forgotten . As I already released it I didn't change it at first but next release will be called "SizeAdjustor" because "SizeAjustor" looks wrong for sure. Too, I quite dislike the current one and maybe will totally change it if someone comes out with a better name. (Hope it won't cause too much confusion)

I'm currently working on the culling feature and for sure it will be included in the next release. I will think about your last suggestion too but unfortunately I don't think it will be possible (but I'll try).

The point is not really that I want people to thank me, but more that I want to know for sure it works ok on all people's systems and for now I don't have enough confirmations. I now realize my request may looks a little sanctimonious, that was not really my intent... I'm just interested in getting more feedback, not more praise (but if you want to no problem either hehe ).

3dioot thank you (and the others) a lot again for all your support, feedback and good ideas, I really appreciate

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast