ZBrushCentral

John's Speedsculpt crunchbook

So I just joined the SpitSculpt group over on Facebook, each day a new topic with 45min to sculpt it.

Here are some of the sculpts from the last few days, lets see how long I can keep it up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Timelapse

//youtu.be/92wCw_FtM1U

Timelapse http://youtu.be/WWadbUZMxiI

timelapse

//youtu.be/Ims_YjLXNc0

timelapse http://youtu.be/_esO84kUzy4

Attachments

argh1.jpg

monkey_business.jpg

mulan2.jpg

fatman1.jpg

hh.122.jpg

detective_frog.jpg
Today’s 45min speedsculpt topic was Detective Frog.

Timelapse

//youtu.be/rfhbBPhHhbw

ring2.jpg
Today’s topic - Childhood Fears. Keyshot render

ring_zb.jpg
Zbrush cap.

//youtu.be/aCi5FgJZPTQ

bamboo_grow_2-vfxforge.jpg
Today’s Topic was - From the Earth
The idea was to show the struggle of the small bamboo shoot growing taller then his grim buddy.

Hope you like it. Zbrush / Maya , Attached is a quick breakdown.

Attachments

breakdown.jpg

fallen_2.jpg
fallen_tt.jpg
Today’s Topic - Fallen Angel.

time2_vfxforge.jpg
Today’s topic - Frozen in Time.

A wip screengrab of Edward Teach, trying to style the beard and hair. Not the easiest of tasks.
arrrr.jpg

king_of_the_hills.jpg
King of the Hills - Speedsculpt concept.

//youtu.be/shA1SrnYnno

Timelapse

The Joker, at aged 80. Still pissed at the world, locked up in Arkham. Not having any fun! :frowning:
joker_2_-_vfxforge.jpg
45min sculpt, 1 hr paint and comp.

//youtu.be/_YCsdMyHTcY

Timelapse of sculpt & paint

Drop by spitsculpt group on facebook for daily challenges.

rage2.jpg
40min sketch, Judge Rage. :wink:

peach_1.jpg
Sexy Peach.
Around 3 hours in ZB.

Inspired works here, I love some of the crazy surreal pieces. I can’t believe you did the girl in 3 hours. Hats off to you sir :slight_smile:

Hi Scot, thank you very much. For the girl I used a basic basemesh, so that saved a bunch of time :slight_smile: thanks again.

A 3 hour study of Rodin’s Danaid, using subtractive technique in Zbrush.

Keyshot render.

cap3.jpg

A likeness study from photo ref, started with a basemesh and quick texture projection in Zb.
girl.jpg

Really love the forms you have going on! By the way, no need to censor your work here :slight_smile:

Thanks, yeh I posted the same image on facebook, where the moral police are abound. :slight_smile:

Winnie the werewolf. =)
going to take this into maya for a fun rig I think, cute character.

Calling Winnie done :slight_smile: she has been through rigging, shading and texturing and started her life as a speed sculpt. Here is the final render from Mental Ray.

I will be releasing the rig for personal reel use soon, keep an out on my blog for more details, you can also see breakdowns of the process which created winnie on my blog.

Cheers! :slight_smile: