ZBrushCentral

Traditional Sculpture in prep for zbrush (New member please critique!)

Hi I am completely new here. I am waiting for my new Macbook pro to arrive so I can start to fiddle around with zbrush and really learn her ways! But until then I am using my traditional sculpting abilities to work on animated characters who I will later try to recreate digitally. I am currently working on Jane from Tarzan. She is only 2 hours old in the pictures so she has a ways to go still. I would love any critique, wisdom or hard truth that the more wise would be willing to share! :slight_smile:

Attachments

la foto 1.JPG

la foto 2.JPG

hey it’s great that you’re jumping into Z. good to start in clay also too. doing stylized characters is actually very hard without the proper foundation in realism and anatomy. I’d not start doing cartoon character but by learning anatomy. Ryan Kingslien’s zbrushworkshops has some great course, plus i came across these vids yesterday. http://philippefaraut.com/video.php -learning the geometric primatives that teach you the planes of the face is really really the way to go.

Thank you so much for the link! I will surly be watching each one of those videos closely! Yes I couldn’t agree with you more anatomy is the foundation of quality art!! Can’t get enough of it!! ***128522;