ZBrushCentral

Will Higgins Sketchbook

Hey guys. This is my first post of some of my work. I am trying to improve my work and what better way than to get critiques from all the amazing artists on this site!

Please let me know what you think.
iNTERVIEWEE.jpgTentacleGirl.jpgDwarfBust_02a.jpgDwarfBust_01a.jpg

Interviewee concept by Leonie Yue http://blog.leonieyue.com/
Dwarf Bust based on a model by scibrminatures

Attachments

iNTERVIEWEE.jpg

TentacleGirl.jpg

its been ages since I’ve posted any more work. Here are some quick renders. please let me know what i can improve on. thanks!rex_01.jpgrex_02.jpgrex_03.jpg

Attachments

rex_01.jpg

rex_02.jpg

rex_03.jpg

I did a bit of work to the dwarf bust over the last few weeks. let me know what you think :slight_smile:will_higgins_Dwarf_01.jpgwill_higgins_Dwarf_02.jpgwill_higgins_Dwarf_03.jpgwill_higgins_Dwarf_04.jpg

Attachments

will_higgins_Dwarf_01.jpg

will_higgins_Dwarf_03.jpg

need to do more speed sculpts to get my creative juices flowing. Started work on a dragon based on a work by Paul Renaud
http://paulrenaud.deviantart.com/art/Game-of-Thrones-color-378890847

Dragon_Speed Sculpt.jpg

Attachments

Dragon_Speed Sculpt.jpg

I have been needing to do more anatomy studies so i started by sculpting my hand. crits and critiques are more than welcome
HandSpeed Sculpt_04.jpg

Attachments

HandSpeed Sculpt_04.jpg

HandSpeed-Sculpt.jpg

Attachments

HandSpeed-Sculpt.jpg

Had time for some personal work this week. Saw Captain America again on the weekend so thought I might try and do a likeness as I haven’t really attempted one before. This is still a WIP and is just a BEST render. Im still trying to work out the materials for the skin as when i do a BPR render the skin turns very dark. Im still not 100% happy with the fibermesh settings I had either.

Please let me know what you think and any feedback on how i can improve it would be greatly appriciated
WIP_Render5.jpg

Attachments

WIP_Render5.jpg

Here is something I did for a class at CGMA character artist course. body is still a WiP Amazing concept by Steve Prescott http://www.rottface.com/bust_detail3_small.jpg

Attachments

bust_detail3_small.jpg

Some more work from my CGMA course. been watching Arrow lately so thought I would make a Deathstroke. the body is still a WiP. concepts by blur studio.
DeathStrokeHead1.jpg
DeathStrokeHead2.jpg

Attachments

DeathStrokeHead1.jpg

more WIP on my Lizardfolk character. started to rough out his body and start on his armour and weapons
lizardMan_WIP.109.jpg
lizardMan_WIP.110.jpg

Attachments

lizardMan_WIP.110.jpg

I love this guy! I used a pic of it for my avatar years ago! Nice work!

Nice work… fantastic pose…

Made a new model for my CGMA class. Have meaning to create some of the characters that made me want to get into this field in the first place. I loved Admiral Ackbar as a kid so thought I would give him a crack.
ackbar_Render_01_small.jpgackbar_Render_02.jpg

updated my Admiral Ackbar. modeled and polypainted in zbrush. rendered in keyshot. C&C most welcome.
ackbar2_Small.jpg

Attachments

ackbar2_Small.jpg

IT’S A TRAP ! ! ! ! ! :lol:

The admiral Ackbar is fantastic! I think I’m like you, Star Wars is one of the things that made me want to get into this business. One technical question, how did you move your polypainted model from zbrush into keyshot? Thanks again for sharing these.

-Sam

Thanks! I duplicated my high poly model, zremeshed and uved in zbrush then projected the high detail and polypaint on top of that. I then exported the new remeshed model with the textures from the projected polypaint.

An orc I made as part of my CGMA class. still needs to be posed but wanted to share my progress with you. Crits welcome as usual.

BPR_Final_small.jpg
FinalBody_small.jpg

Attachments

BPR_Final_small.jpg

FinalBody_small.jpg

Finally had some time to work on some personal work. Tried another likeness study. Critiques welcome as always
IndyWIP_02.jpg

Attachments

IndyWIP_02.jpg

Finished my anatomy studies for my CGMA course. Here are some renders of them.Male_Front.jpgMale_Back.jpgMale_Side.jpgPose_02.jpgPose_01.jpgFemale_Front.jpg

Attachments

Male_Front.jpg

Male_Back.jpg

Male_Side.jpg

Pose_02.jpg

Pose_01.jpg

Female_Front.jpg