ZBrushCentral

Homeless Head Process

Hi Guys!, Im new here and here goes my first WIP, Hope You like it :smiley:

I’m working on a homeless head for this project and I record every step of the process arround 4 hours of so.

And here you can see some of the shots, I did all the texture in Zbrush no other program used for anything ( Just maya for the sking tests ), All the color was painted on zbrush too hope you like it.

Here you can see the basic mesh, the detail mesh of 13 millions of polygons and the color map on flat color shader.

All the color texture was painted on zbrush.

Here you can see the timelapse of the first half hour of video

<object width=“640” height=“360”><param name=“movie” value="//www.youtube.com/v/e_Sqfs_91iQ?version=3&hl=es_MX&rel=0"></param><param name=“allowFullScreen” value=“true”></param><param name=“allowscriptaccess” value=“always”></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/e_Sqfs_91iQ?version=3&hl=es_MX&rel=0" type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“640” height=“360” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”></embed></object>

And here you can see the video on real time

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6cDYW1GQHc6bTZibVU4ZnZleGs/edit?usp=sharing

All the work was done on a workflow of Dynamesh until medium detail ( 1m polygons), after that I use zremesher for the retopo and project all for the detail on the new mesh. Later on I created the uv map but I didnt like the Zbrush UV, because it has a low detail on the face so I finish it on Maya.

Here you can see the Diffuse, Normal And displacement Map

For the reflection map I used the normalmap and turned into black and white, adjust the values so I could get the light from the specular .

And here you can see the first test render on the skin, just using the four maps above, no subdermal, just the zbrush diffuse.

Im uploading the other videos to my page and will upload the remaining process of the face, still need to add hairs and eyes and cloth.

Critics and comments are welcome!!!

Attachments

textura color.JPG

comparacion.JPG

mapas.jpg

colordetalle.jpg

pielcorreccion.jpg

pielcorreccion-copy.JPG

Here its the next step shading the eyes!

ojos copy.JPG

Amazing for me!! nice video too, hehe im new on this world, Grettings from Argentina!

the render looks great, but i think it looks kinda blopy to me, try sculpting on a low mesh and after that subdivide it for the detail

Thx! for the critic! I think the problem is on the skin shader, because the specularity is too high, I will try to fix it and add more detail on the displacement map! :smiley:

Thx fpr the comment!! Hope it could work for you!

here its the timelapse of the full video working on the audios of the real time length video.

<object width=“853” height=“480”>

<embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/2UJsa9wHsZc?hl=es_MX&version=3" type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” width=“853” height=“480” allowscriptaccess=“always” allowfullscreen=“true”></object>

Hair test and shading test, I think the shader is close to work a little bit more of specular reflectionand color variations, but the hair is not m favorite I think I´m gonna redo it all.test-pelo.jpg

Thank you very much for the video, and I like your style is very good, the hair distribution is very cool.

I guys I redo all the sculpt process, didnt like the face expression now I have to fix the parameters on maya because it is to bulgy, But I like the expression alot more, also I have to make all the little face details again.

color.jpg