1. #1

    Default Nordic Axe WIP Critiques Please! :D

    Hey! I am trying to make a realistic axe.
    Please be harsh! Its a nordic axe.





    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Axe3.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	389519  

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    .
    Age
    37
    Posts
    157

    Default

    the shape is great, cant find fault at all really
    would look nice with some engraving on the blade

    some examples https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=No...=isch&imgdii=_

  4. #4
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    virginia, usa
    Age
    48
    Posts
    611

    Default

    good job! great to see a plausible, historically informed weapon for a change.
    https://www.artstation.com/magbhitu
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161407-mag-s-WIP-thread
    my painting and render gallery

    my deviant art gallery

  5. #5

    Default

    Happy New Year guys!

    Quote Originally Posted by squidinc View Post
    the shape is great, cant find fault at all really
    would look nice with some engraving on the blade

    some examples https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=No...=isch&imgdii=_
    Thanks! Yes I think it does lookplain without engraving will add that soon!

    Quote Originally Posted by magbhitu View Post
    good job! great to see a plausible, historically informed weapon for a change.
    Thanks Magbhitu!

  6. #6

    Default Viking Satchel WIP! Critiques Please!

    So Viking guy has a satchel too! This is also a sculpt soon to become an in-game object.
    Do you like it? Does make you go googly inside or burn with rage at the inconsistencies? Do tell!


  7. #7
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    virginia, usa
    Age
    48
    Posts
    611

    Default

    the knotwork would be tooled into the leather - thus sunk not raised like you have it. raised motifs -aka applique, would usually be of embroidered cloth.

    you might want to follow the Wulheodenas facebook page to see museum quality reproductions for the darkage Anglo-saxon era. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wulfh...08333802621780
    https://www.artstation.com/magbhitu
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161407-mag-s-WIP-thread
    my painting and render gallery

    my deviant art gallery

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by magbhitu View Post
    the knotwork would be tooled into the leather - thus sunk not raised like you have it. raised motifs -aka applique, would usually be of embroidered cloth.

    you might want to follow the Wulheodenas facebook page to see museum quality reproductions for the darkage Anglo-saxon era. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wulfh...08333802621780
    Thanks for pointing that out! Actually I had planned on keeping it sunk.. But while trying to enhance the smaller details with layers I seem to have brought it out.. If you hadn't pointed it out I would have never known!
    I really like the page you have sent me! I think its one of the best collections I have found!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    virginia, usa
    Age
    48
    Posts
    611

    Default

    yah, that group makes amazing stuff.
    https://www.artstation.com/magbhitu
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?161407-mag-s-WIP-thread
    my painting and render gallery

    my deviant art gallery

  10. #10

    Default

    So I came back to the axe and finished it. Here it is.


    Viking Axe
    Please Critique my WIP

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •