ZBrushCentral

Zeclipse thread of stuff

Hi everyone,
This is my first post here and I’d like to share this sculpt of Meg Mucklebones from the movie Legend.
She’s bald right now as she is very much still in the WIP stages and i’ve still got to learn how to use fibermesh, I’ve also got plenty of work to do on this models hands and fingers. The attached composition was created purely as a practice piece as i’d not used BPR before tonight. I come from a Graphic Design/Cinema 4D motion graphics background and i’ve been practising ZBrush for around a year and a half now.
Ok, crits and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers! :cool:

Attachments

Meg_BPR_comp3.jpg

Meg_grab_2.jpg

Meg_grab_1.jpg

Very nice stuff!

My only comment is that the overall tone is a little flat and could use some purple and maybe red tones adding to give a little more depth to the skin but that is being hyper critical as it is an amazing piece so far.

Looking forward to an update!

Created a post on my Blog for you HERE

Thanks very much Mouthrax, I appreciate your comments. The new WIP image below has a lot more tone in the flesh but it’s a question of how true I’d like to stay to how the character appear in the movie, which is a very strong blue/green hue.
I’m still experimenting with the renders and PSD comps, but i don’t think i’m too far off where I want to be. I’ve still got work to do on the actual sculpt, i need to a take a look at the hands and fingers yet.

This is my first go with Fibermesh. I did a tutorial by Joseph Drust from digital tutors which helped immensely. Splitting the scalp up in to polygroups was essential.
I’m pleased with the outcome as this chatracters hair is a real mess and it was quite difficult to replicate.

MegMuckle_hair.jpg
Mucklecomp_5.jpg

Keep up man! You choose very interesting character. Good work so far :+1:

Hi,
As i’m still quite new to ZBrush i’m trying to take on more adventurous projects. I chose to do a Knight due to the shear number of subtools involved, something which I’ve never tried before.
I also wanted to try and learn some hard surface techniques, which im beginning to get the hang of. I’m quite pleased with how this model is coming along. I’ve still got a lot planned for this character and would like to do some extreme detailing on the armour and then begin to polypaint. I would also like to try and pose him, which will be a challenge due to the amount of sub tools. Practice, practice, practice…

This sculpt has been heavily influenced by the fantastic work of Alessandro Baldasseroni, I have also temporarily used a free Ztool of a Mace from the BadKing.au site.
I will be creating my own weaponry for this character in the near future.
I hope you like it, crits and suggestions would be very welcome.
Cheers

BPR_Comp_1.jpg

I’ve had an unusually quiet day at work so i got straight onto detailing this model.
I tried out noisemaker for the first time to create the chain mail under the armour, that tool is awesome!
I also looked into rendering with BPR properly and had a blast comping this together in Pshop.
Next up is a few more subtools/ornaments, remake the feet (which are quite rough) and weapon & shield design.
Again, any crits or suggestions would be welcome.
Cheers

Zteentch_knight_1.jpg

Good Job Zeclipse, thats pretty much the style i like, well done :smiley:

Amazing detail!!

Also, your sculpt of Meg Mucklebones reminds me of a work I’ve wanted to do for quite a while, and most definitely will be my next project - Russian folk story character Baba Yaga, who is pretty much an old witch and looks a lot like your character. You piece will be my inspiration if that’s okay.

very cool, I love that type of armor! Can I ask how you went about doing the pauldrons? Did you dynamesh and then retopo? How did you start the mesh? I find with extract/retopo tool it’s hard to control the back-thickness of the mesh, so I’ve gone back to 3dsMAX for hard surface for the time being.

Hi,
briese140gh
Thanks for your comment! The pauldrons were made from a dynameshed sphere which was cut to shape with the clip curve.
I used TrimDynamic to get a rough thickness and then used Hpolish to refine the shape.

Aurenne

Thank you very much, and it would be great to see your Baba Yaga. I read about that witch when i was looking for info on Meg Mucklebones.

Freewaldo
You’re obviously a man of excellent taste!

I’ve made a cape and a base for this character today, along with some more BPR practice - the weapon is from the free Mace brush from BadKing.au
I’ve also begun work to get the model ready for posing, merging certain tools and beginning retopo. It’s going to be quite a challenge!

Tzeentch_knight_C.jpg

Hi,
I’ve begun posing this character and have made a turntable which i’ve uploaded to Vimeo and Youtube (link below).
I’m working on some weapon/shield designs, and I have extra details still to add such as Spikes, chains, straps, etc but I’m eager to get into texturing this guy.
Again, please feel free to crit or advise! : )

Tzeentch_Knight_turntable.jpg

//youtu.be/eXAegG9gjf8

Great work!

How did you get the static image to zoom into the turntable on the right please?

Thanks Mouthrax! :smiley: I’ve still got a long way to go. I began doing some polypaint today and realised it’s gonna take a long time before it’s finished.

Regarding the move…that’s just a still that i animated in AfterEffects, no trickery involved at all.

After Effects cool thanks for the info :wink:

Hi,
I’ve spent a little while completing my Chaos Knight sculpt.
Renders and comps from ZBrush, then put together in photoshop.
I’ll upload a turntable sometime soon.
Cheers,
Paul

Hi,
Since i’ve bought the Eat3D Hard Surface Techniques DVD by Mike Jensen (which is ridiculously awesome btw) I’m hooked on creating hard shapes in ZBrush.
So I started out just doodling around with a few shapes and a figure started to take shape. I’m going to try and make a mech pilot, perhaps with a full seat and controls in view.
Anyway, here’s my WIP so far. Crits and suggestions are as always welcome.
Cheers,
Paul

Mechpilot_C.jpg

mechpilot_A.jpg

mechpilot_B.jpg

man this is awesome.very clean meshes.like it.:+1::wink:

Thanks Diablo! It’s all down to the Mike Jensen tutorials, I can’t recommend them highly enough. Make sure you check 'em out!

@Zeclipse - so the video DVD was good and easy to follow? so you would recommend?

Hell yeah! Don’t hesitate.
Here’s a taster https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xOKVGbZmEc