Default [WIP] Gladiator Woman (some nudity)

Hello guys,

I am new to the forum.
    After spending lot of months studing zbrush and how to build up and shape meshes, I decide to start my first complete work with zbrush and share the various stages with you.

So here u are initial shots.

I created all the body from a dynameshed sphere except fingers of feet and hands, that are made by zsphere, in order to adapt them during the initial positioning of the model.

I really hate the giant sword behind. I started with a fantasy idea but now I prefer to stay as realistic as i can. So I will change it with a roman gladio.

Thanks for attention and best regards

Matteo

Hi guys,
    I wanted to show u some progression about my work.
    I have transformed the zphere fingers into real mesh. The goal of this stage is try to turn hands and feet look something betther than glowes or sockets with fingers.
    In the meantime I continue to define all the body, preparing it to receive details.

I model most parts of the body a little more far apart than the usual (see fingers of the feet). This because I would like to avoid problems when I will bake the normal map. A that point I simply put colser everything moving the low poly model.

I am getting a lot of fun writing this strange journal about the progression of mine. I am courious to see where I arrive.

Bye

Matteo

Hi again guys,
    my journal about this sculpture I am creating wit zbrush contuinues.
    Slowly but continues.

I am happy because I can find the time during the week to work in my gladiator fighter.

Today I prepared the right hand, now it is almost ready to receive details when all the model come to this stage.

Here u are:

regards and have nice modelling hours with zbrush!

teo

Some other parts I worked today. Fingers are very far away from each other because I want to avoid bad behaviors during the baking of normal map.
    The goal now is to bring all the body to this level of characterization and then gettig mad carving details.

Teo

some progress

Finally,
    after lot of days away from fun (cause job), I get time to continue this work of mine.
    Today I spent some hours to model the details of one hand. Some other touches again and it is ready to get the skin surface.
    I keep fingers very far away each other in order to avoid baking problems.
    Here u are:

Cheers and find time to zbrushing!!!

teo

Red face

Today time to model some details around the head!

today I did the other hand!

feet finished.
    with hands, feets was the part most hard to model.
    now I could relax playing with subtle adjustements, details of skin and focusing about add life to the posing (as it is now, it's muddy).

as already written, space between fingers is more than normal. this because I want to avoid problems baking normal map.

see u next step

matteo

Hi again!
    Things are goingo to become funny from now.
    I changed a little bit more the pose because the oldest was muddy.
    Twisting the body, the figure results now less boring to watch. (for the next work I will study more the pose before starting).
    As I wrote, now there is time for the funniest part: details. (Focusing time and energies matching masses and proportions charge me up a lot).
    Here u are the advancements of today: I almost finished to define torso and arms.

Thanks for watching

Matteo

ok all masses are on its own place now, forms have been characterized and main details are defined.
    next time i will start working the skin surface. is the first time for me scultpting so thin and little details, so i hope to do something good.
    we will see...
    here u are last shot of this female gladiator model of mine.

thanks for watching, bye

teo

Today I had practice with layers and skin details. The model is very thin so woking with layers results very slow and challengin but I think to have found a nice flow that feels good to me.
    I decide to start from the face.
    Here u are the first shot of these efforts of mine.
    I am not so happy about some asymmetric modifications, expecially those about nose.
    I have to adjust the way I created wrinkels, damstandard+skin alpha don't make me so happy.
    Anyway.

I used 4 layers:

-one with skin noise mesh
    -one with smooth mesh to use in order to change symmetry
    -one with smooth mesh to use in order to make wrinkles
    -one with smooth mesh to use in order to make skin details and variations

Thanks for watching

teo

playing with details and layers, some proportions of face features still need to be improved.

Today I make a low poly model (generated by zremeshing the original) in order to bake the detailed one into the normal map of the lowest.
    I did that before finishing my sculpt in zbrush because I wanted to be sure to be able to to that when gladiator woman will be ok.
    I just made a poor uvmap, without care about poligon flow or uv seams.
    Even if all those important things have been omitted, the results seems to work.
    I am ready to continue.
    Here u are:

Ps: there are lots of bad things about anatomy and lines, I will adjust them

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast