ZBrushCentral

Joseph Drust Riot Games Recap - UPDATE! Part 3

As promised, check out our full recap featuring Joseph Drust at the ZBRUSH-Riot Games User Group Meeting hosted in November, 2013. The evening saw Joseph and Josh Singh provide the capacity crowd with unique insights into the gaming industry while at the same time, showcasing an arsenal of tips and tricks used in the making of characters for games.

1. Joseph Drust Riot Games Recap Part 1

2. Joseph Drust Riot Games Recap Part 2
<iframe src=“http://www.pixologic.com/video/video-v2-zbc.php?videoname=http://www.pixologic01.com/zclassroom/events/riot-games-ugm/Jdrust-RiotGames-p2.f4v” &s3=“1"” frameborder=“0” height=“600” width=“1034”></iframe>

3. Joseph Drust Riot Games Recap Part 3
<iframe src=“http://www.pixologic.com/video/video-v2-zbc.php?videoname=http://www.pixologic01.com/zclassroom/events/riot-games-ugm/Jdrust-RiotGames-p3.f4v” &s3=“1"” frameborder=“0” height=“600” width=“1034”></iframe>

Very useful tips!!

Thank you.

Awesome, I went to this meeting and lost my notes when I updated my phone, score!
BTW: 20 min of Joseph Drust is like 2 hours worth of valuable information.

Lots of good tips here. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Fantastic! Great tips, I can’t wait for the rest.

This is great information however I think it would be great if the Pixologic guys added a feature called “Subtool Sets” similar to layer sets in Photoshop along with the option of clicking a hotkey to group subtools into a new set and also the ability to create an empty set and drag subtools inside it.

Zbrush really needs subtool folders! A nice option would be the ability to select the folder(subtools linked) and be able to move, rotate and scale the entire folder. A bit like the Transpose plug-in but not as temperamental.

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with all of Josephs instructional videos.
There are certain people that just seem to have a special ability to convey information and Joseph is one of them.
I always learn some tip or trick that gets me one step farther in learning my favorite tool.
I look forward to as many more as we can get.
Thank you Pixologic and especially thank you Joseph.

Amen to that. It’s one of the top items on my wish list, right next to the ability to dock an arbitrary amount of palettes as columns on a secondary display so I won’t find myself scrolling so much (the Tool palette in particularly is a scrolling behemoth).

Anyway, great to see all these videos. Joseph is indeed a very talented artist and teacher. By all means, keep the vids coming. :+1:

Thanks for the videos. Great tips :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Now, I´m sure thats lightbox has a bug on mac!
The instancing/aliasing/shortcut folder workflow to access these folder quickly inside lightbox (seen in part.1) don´t work for mac user. :cry:

Hope, pixologic update this behavior on mac soon!!!

No linked folders possible!
-> mac users must navigate back- and foreword the folders inside lightbox manually. It´s a intense mouse-click solution.

Thanks for the great video and the tips!
I’m kinda new to ZBrush and I am wondering why it is such an effort to move a bunch of objects around. Why isn’t it possible to draw a rectangle around the objects you want to move and then just move them like in maya, max etc etc? Wouldn’t that require just 1% of the clicks of the current method? And if you want to nudge that item a bit over you have to do all of this again? I’m a bit amazed :slight_smile: I guess i have to get used to it.

ZB is second to none.:+1:

Thanks for this Recap full of great tips!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
But i have a question about the stitching with IMM. How will be the work around for baking the stitches in the same normal map as the belt inside Zbrush?

Cheers

I can’t see part 3, anyone else?

Everyone else. It says coming soon :wink:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!! :slight_smile:

Wonderful videos … so much useful information. I can’t wait for #3 to be available! :smiley:

Cheers, David

You never cease to amaze me Joseph, great tips & workflows.

Awesome tricks!!! thanks a lot for sharing

Thanks for sharing! I’m always picking up new tricks and tips watching Joseph’s videos, very helpful!