ZBrushCentral

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Hi there,

Here are the models we did using ZBrush working in a Stop Motion Animation Film at Aardman Animation.
This models are digital replicates (3D Printing) of the original and traditional hand made puppets of the film, they were made for promotion and merchandising purpose.

Hope that you like it!

Pirates_01.jpgPirates_02.jpgPirates_03.jpgPirates_04.jpgPirates_05.jpgPirates_06.jpg

Pirates_07.jpgPirates_08.jpgPirates_09.jpgPirates_10.jpgPirates_11.jpgPirates_12.jpg

Love it! Nothing beats the Aardman look :slight_smile:
Now, up in the row with you!

Great work man :slight_smile: I love it!

so was this movie stop motion or 3d cgi in the end?

Seems thats nowadays hard to tell just from the looks.

Great work - Really loved this film and its look! Would you mind talking a bit about how you had to break your sculpts down into parts that work as an articulated puppet?

Amazing! Thanks for sharing your process. My kids and I LOVE this movie. Congratulations! Top row indeed!
-ShaneO

Fanatastic! I finally got round to watching this just yesterday and really enjoyed the film. Hats off to you and everyone who worked on it! :smiley:

Bookmarked. congrats for this gorgeous work! results are amazing!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

fantastic stuff… still haven’t seen the movie, though.

-r

Hi guys!

Thanks for your kind comments about my work at Aardman Animation, is been a pleasure work up there in such an amazing Traditional & Digital Artist team.

Thanks a lot!

Aardman’s movies are gold, you did a great job, very inspiring.

Just so gorgeous. Appealing designs, and clean, beautiful execution, BRAVO!!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

super cool characters :slight_smile:

this is pretty nice :slight_smile:

nice work!

never thought the characters were done in zbrush

Excellent!!! Love these sculpts!!!

good work,

Lots of beautiful works, congrats to the team!

awesome goodnes!