ZBrushCentral

Restoration of the console with zbrush

Hi every one!
I am using ZBrush about one year but this is the first time when i am decided to show my work. Sorry for my english but i hope picture talks better than any words of me.
I’ll show you the restoration of console that i am made at last month. The first picture showed you what part of console was save. Yes, not to much :slight_smile:
IMG_3391.jpg

This is the 3d model
BPR_Render11.jpg

This is the milling process.
IMG_4692.jpg

And this is the model for moulding
IMG_4698.jpgIMG_4699.jpg

And there you can see simple 3d model http://sketchfab.com/nmlj31d0BPR_Render12.jpg

Attachments

BPR_Render12.jpg

BPR_Render11.jpg

1 Like

That’s impressive. Great work!

Very cool work. Thanks for sharing. Really like to see different ways to use ZBrush and this is very different. Keep the images coming. :slight_smile:

Very nice work!

Thanks for all!

The big problem for me always was good render. When model milling the most of little problem go off, but render is always show all of the defects of model. This is the another my small work that is look pretty good on the renders.

_MG_5285.jpg
BPR_Render w1_tn.jpg
_MG_5287.jpg
BPR_Render111_tn.jpg
_MG_5275.jpg
BPR_Render1_tn.jpg

Attachments

BPR_Render w1_tn.jpg

BPR_Render111_tn.jpg

BPR_Render1_tn.jpg

That’s a lovely use of Zbrush - real mix of old and new technology.
Would love to see how you model/produce these as a tutorial.

Amazing work, would love to see more of the milling process.

Thank you for your interest! I’m think there is nothing intresting in the Milling Process, of course if you never do it maybe it’s interesting for but i’m really doesn’t use some trick in this process. I’m preparing my model by the Decimation Master to about 1 million poly, not more then 2 million, then export this with 3d Print Eporter to the stl format. For milling i am using PowerMill but there is without surprize too, just three, i’m don’t know how it say, trajectory for cutting. One is for remove the lot of material, one is for take of the rest material, and one is for the good surfaces.
Just the model.
ugolok3.jpg
The first trajectory.
ugolok4.jpg
The result of calculation the first traectory.
ugolok5.jpg
The second trajectory.
ugolok6.jpg
The last result of calculation.
ugolok7.jpg4-1.jpg

Attachments

4-1.jpg

And some render of the model.
ZBrush Document.jpg
4-1.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush Document.jpg

4-1.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

2 Likes

And of course the 3d model https://skfb.ly/wUtG

Very nice work! What kind of material do you use for milling?
Cheers,
Selwy

Most of time i am using special polyurethane model plastic, something like “obomodulan”, but i’ve cut also redwood, oak, linden.

Interesting stuff. Very nice.
All fo restorational purposes?
Keep it up!

Love the degradation and patina on that gorgeous window sill in the top photo, I hope you’ll leave that as it is.

A trend in New York right now is to preserve decay… sounds strange, but it looks just awesome (assuming of course mold and fungi have been taken care of).

Really great work from you, love that restoration project, and congrats on the Top Row. Thanks for this!

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thank You! And not at all, most of my work is new work for the wealthiest russian guy. The last decorative corner was modeled without any reference, for example.

There is a lot of way of restoration. My point of view is the if you do something new, you have to do it like new, if you save something, you must save maximum as possible. You can see this way of restoration in italy very often. And of course i love patina, and these reference details was saved :)))

Nice organic modelling. I am wonder that How do you shape the organic model without shaking, has perpetually hard-edge line

del

always love to see a different use for Zbrush :slight_smile: beautiful sculpting!

del

Cool works! Great!