New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Leatherback WIP

Hey guys,

I'm new to Zbrush. I've been following Gnomon's intro to Zbrush videos which is helping a lot. This is my first WIP, inspired by leatherback sea turtles, snapping turtles, and rhinos. I'm hoping to make the bladders on the sides semi-transparent, with glowing lung like organs visible inside. I'm a bit confused by Zbrush's materials and would like to take it into Max to finish it off with spec, transparency, glow, etc. Unfortunately it's about 7 million polys and I lost all of the lower subdivisions and it crashes max. My plan was to use UV master to create the UVs then drop the poly count with Decimation Master. Unfortunately UV master rejects that many polys and Decimation Master messes up the textures I've painted. Any tips on my next step to get this moving again? Thanks!

Last edited by tgentry78; 01-21-14 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Trying to add images

Hey, looks good. I think It's going to look awesome when you finish doing all the things you plan on doing.
    In regards to your polycount prob. Try drawing some curves the topology brush, zremesh to retopologize the sucker. Project your sculpt onto the new mesh and see if you can reclaim your textures. Then extract your UV map and you should be good to go. If you already know this, then, I'm sorry for giving you info you already know.
    "Clever quotation that indicates how clever I am."

that sounds perfect thanks! I'll give it a shot.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome work!!! And, considering that you are new to ZBrush...Amazing work!!!

You're welcome dude, looking forward to your final.
    "Clever quotation that indicates how clever I am."