ZBrushCentral

Goliath Gargoyles

I am trying to match the feeling from this screen shot, in the end I want a more realistic style but still recognizable. Any comments on what I have so far, like the pose, muscles anything really would be appreicated.

Attachments

goliathupdate02.jpg

goliathHead01.jpg

pose.jpg

GoliathPose.jpg

What a great subject for a sculpture!

If I was to critique the pose, I’d say that the screen shot has a very open stance. If you look, none of the Gargoyles body is covered up. The human is hanging away from the Gargoyles body and not covering up its forearm. The Gargoyles left arm is almost straight and does not obstruct the view of the body.

Keep it up! It’ll be fun to see this develop!

your right on that, thanks for that critique. Ill change that today.

I just love that cartoon, I never learned more from a cartoon than from gargoyles, when you watch that show it encourages you to read up on the contents of it.

bottom teethbottomTeeth.jpg

update

little udpategoliathHead.jpg

I think it would be beneficial for you to focus as much as you can on the simple geometry in the sculpt. The figures in your reference art have very solid, block like construction. I think it would be good to match the ref as

close as you can before doing any detailing. Even though you want to make the figures more realistic, it helps to establish all the proper proportions and simple shapes first.

took the advice and went back down to like 4000 polys and tried to match the reference better, only difference is the left leg, to get it to match the ref did not feel right, I wanted a more dominant leg that is front, in the ref it looks like the legs are parallel to eachother and it did not feel right when I did the pose. The model is only like 6,500 now, still working on it. Let me know what you think.back.jpgfront.jpg

id like some advice on the the anatomy, thanksgoliathfunagain.jpg