Default Pietà

Hello everyone!
    This is my latest personal work,I hope you give me suggestions!
    I was careful to touch Original's every shape and Waves of emotion.Trying to get close to his soul in the marble.
    I use zbrush Modeling and Rendering. It took me one Months time to complete.
    I hope you like it.
    Thanks for viewing and any comments!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Pretty much perfect. Here are some crits- but I should say I'm nitpicking:
    Mary's right hand's pinky finger is a little fat- in most ref images I see you can barely see it. In this model the pinky looks fatter then the thumb
    Love the color- but not a fan of the material. This is minor- but the material feels too translucent and not enough like Marble.
    Feels like the rock/cloth are softer (more rounded) then the original- mostly close to the bottom. It looks like more effort was spent on faces/bodies.... less on the ground and where the cloth impacts. I think this is a good management of time- but it is an area you could improve on,

I feel bad about offering my crits- please take them the right way- because I think this model is great and think any modeler would be proud to have it in their portfolio. Great work

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you very much for your advice***65281;I will learn ZBRUSH BPR rendering features that make the texture even more true~

wonderful! i have tried pieta too, and know how hard it is to copy the master himself. you did a great job!
    my fun with zbrush thread, my homepage riolama, and my zbrush blog

Yes!Same feeling~~~Ti's very difficult to control~Like Michelangelo tribute***65281;

Wow! Excellent work with the cloth! Looks stunning!

Thank you for your encouragement, I have very limited reference picture***65292;If everyone has more information on your own shot, please share some

Member Follow User Gallery

Cool

Wow. thought I'd check your gallery after you posted on my thread and..... this is utterly brilliant! Very well done

Yeah I agree the sculpt is great just needs some slight adjustments on the material. Great job.

Beautiful work!!
    I like how you mimicked the thickness of the original Pieta's marble cloth!
    Nice job!

@jelee @MentalFrog @StiffUppeR Thank you very much for your encouragement~~ I will continue to try to learn BPR render~
    How can render good lighting and adjustments made ***8203;***8203;marble material please help me~