Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sweet !!!

This is awesome. Thanks!

Default :)

Thanks to everyone!

Daytona,
    I made the UI myself changing it over the years ... I like to have the tools I use frequently , easily accessible. I use the Tab to Hide/Show it every time I need it. It looks crazy but I know where the things are and this saves me a lot of time navigating sub-menus.For example, one thing I use all the time is the polypaint mode, I keep changing from multiply, lighten, normal... I don't think many people make use of this because it's kind of hard to access inside the brush menu...When I am texturing I need to change that mode often. Another thing that I use all the time is the visibility options and the polygroups buttons that you can see on the left up corner... Also I use the automasking (backfacemask, color, directional, cavity, by groups) or the topological mask that works for texturing and not just for the move topological... so It looks bad but it's GOOD!***65279;
    Of course you can have it if you want to try it.
    My CraZy UI

Cnever,
    This Plugin is 100% Zscript and I don't really had any experience programming... I used the docs and read a lot of Marcus Civis posts about Zscripting and studied his Macros and Zscrips, I also Nick Miller DVD tutorial and plugins are amazing. I installed the ZScript language for Notepad++, also found here on the ZScript forum. So everything was found here on ZBrushCentral. It didn't take me a lot of time, I was asking what I needed to Marcus Civis. Doug Jones also helped with some ideas...
    I worked on it since January to february and didn't do anything about it until this month.
    The only hard thing was remembering all the maths for the vectors and 3D rotations...

Keupon,
    I didn't really thought about doing a very clean UVs, UV master worked well for me.With the Polygroup switch activated.... if the tree is very heavy for UV master, I delete some Loops , with DeleteLoops, angle Slider set to 15 for example, then I can subdivide and Relax to get more even polys (not sure if this is needed) but it looks better IMO... If I do a Zremesh for the more visible part I might spend some time refining the UV's.
    But as usual you might be right and this could be a potential problem using these trees...Let's see what people do about it. I don't even think of Unwrapping them manually haha

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Noobish question: I want to make trees for UE4. Can the fibermesh for leaves be carried over to a low-poly model, and how would I make sure I can do that?

I usually retopo in 3DCoat but for this I might just use deformation master unless you think that's a bad idea?

Fibermesh can be exported as polygon meshes . I think you can reduce the fiber segments to 1 to get simple quad cardboards .
    To make low polygon trees... why not adjusting the G-radial for the adaptive skin and use delete loops (with the angle slider) , group switched on ... They can be really low

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Thanks for the info! i hadn't even known about the delete loops function

Wow! This I can use!

Thank you so much. I'd missed this entirely.
    Blaine
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Chillllllllllllllin

Big Thanks from me too, realy cool plugin

Hello, dargelos do you think you might release a PDF of the instructions and what not you posted in the beginning? With all of that attractively displayed info regarding the buttons and explanation of the angles and such. Thanks for the plugin also it's awesome!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default crash

Hey. The tool looks really nice, but it crashes ZBrush 90% of the time with the Message "ABNORMAL TERMINATION".

Wow, this looks pretty cool!
    Thank you very much for sharing!

Cheers!
    TheRazorsEdge

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."
    - Bruce Lee -

Very much appreciated, it's worked very well for me so far

Brkov,

Hey. The tool looks really nice, but it crashes ZBrush 90% of the time with the Message "ABNORMAL TERMINATION".

sorry you are having problems . That never really happened to me. It doesn't crash in my PC .

MrMedellin
    I could put together a PDF with all the info if that helps

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Hi Dargelos,
    thank you for this wonderful plugin. I have trouble replicating your last tutorial about L-sys, the problem seems to be that when I use "store on selected slot" function, I cannot go back resetting or empying that slot. Is there a way to do that or am I doing something wrong?

cheers

Question

Xedef,
    so , do you want to empty the slot ? Could you successfully store your segments ?
    When you want to store a segment you use the slot selector slider and then you click on store... When you want to use them with the L-sys button, you can select the segment you want to use with the segment slider.
    if you want to use all the 6 slots randomly, activate the segmentRn switch.
    If you want to use this random selector switch but using just 2 or 3 slots and leave the others inactive or empty... I didn't think of that possibility but maybe you could store the same segment in slots 1 and 2 , another in 3 and 4 ,and another in 5 and 6... This way it would be like using 3 ...
    So I didn't think I would need to empty the slots... You can choose between using the selected segment or use them ALL if segmentRn is active .
    If you want to reset to the initial default segments there is no other way but unzip the ztree.zip and replace the ztreedata folder .
    One thing I have done when experimenting with the plugin was save the 6 GROW subfolders inside ztreedata. If I am happy with a set of segments then I save those folders... So if I wanted to use them again I would copy them inside the ztreedata folder replacing its content.

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast