ZBrushCentral

ZTree Plugin

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Download latest version click here

More video tutorials and information here

12 Likes

I added some more Buttons,

PasteAround and Pasteoriented will paste ZS, scale and orient them in relation with the selected zsphere. They are a little different. Pastearound will orient the Y axis of your copied ZS and rotate it around the selected ZS, while PasteOriented will align the Y axis of your copied ZS with the direction of your selected ZS.MultiPaste is like pasteoriented but paste copies all over … like growbranches you can define the starting point use the BranchesStartHere button.
ResetSpin will reset the twist of all ZS, this is only noticeable when you generate the adaptivemesh.
DefaultSetting surprisingly enough will reset all the sliders to default.
examples.zip (159 KB)

To install just UnZip on your Zplug subfolder.examples.zip (159 KB)

Very cool! I’ll definitely give this one a try.

Interesting :slight_smile: i will try this.

Been waiting for something like this… Cool Idea!!!

Wow:+1: thank you.
Excellent, hand in hand with FiberMesh and MicroMesh COOOOL.

What a cool idea. Thanks a whole bunch !

Great idea. I’ll check how it works and really waiting for the update :).

I am currently working on the presets , I just finished the paste with scale and orientation and multipaste…I need advice with button names !!lol

Oh , I also added a button to reset the twist of all zs … This is sometimes necessary because the adaptive mesh get twisted… Not just modeling a tree but any other thing.

Plug-in also works in version 5. How about an updated text file :wink:

Sample of my Ist Ztree

Cap019 2014-02-07, 13_45.jpgCap018 2014-02-07, 13_31.jpg

Attachments

Cap018 2014-02-07, 13_31.jpg

Cool, a bit like a weeping willow. Did you save the fiber settings to a file?

10 minutes to model, 40 minutes to render the turntable with some bprfilters and a simple light… Never again! lol
I will post a better one and sample zs models… when I have some time.
In the 2nd video you see how you can get a pretty nice tree model in under a minute. the Timelapse was actually slowed down
turnta2.jpg

https://youtu.be/JgxtJYo9UVk
https://youtu.be/1GhQurFEyXg
https://youtu.be/wsXHGDfc6UM
https://youtu.be/3kH33GVVcsw

Attachments

turnta2.jpg

My first tests with best results on adding brittle branches with fibers is to play with modulate by masking (1-5) and turn modulate by area to 0. Gravity with small values (-0.xxx) Gravity Directions Variations, and playind with the Revolve Rate.

Thank you for the video´s dargelos.

I hope next week I can capture a video too.

Great tool.

I added some more Buttons,

PasteAround and Pasteoriented will paste ZS, scale and orient them in relation with the selected zsphere.
They are a little different. Pastearound will orient the Y axis of your copied ZS and spin it arround the selected ZS, while PasteOriented will align the Y axis of your copied ZS with the direction of your selected ZS.
MultiPaste is like pasteoriented but paste copies all over … like growbranches you can define the starting point use the BranchesStartHere button.
ResetSpin will reset the twist of all ZS, this is only noticeable when you generate the adaptivemesh.
DefaultSetting surprisingly enough will reset all the sliders to default.

examples.zip (159 KB)examples.zip (159 KB)

Yes , please. It would be great to see some videos …
I also made a little collection of fibermesh presets that include some leaves with black-transparent background… they work very well! i will share when I have a bunch of them.

The video helps a lot , Thanks ( yeah Presets would be very cool and give me a starting point to experiment from…
Thanks again for all the tremendous effort you have put in this project… Deke :slight_smile:

I have played a little bit and it looks really cool, i have always thought that this kind of stuff like trees will be perfect to be done with zspheres and zscript. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am looking forward to see your work .
I just realized how easy it can be to draw a plant that grows on the surface of an object, like Ivy… I think that will be in my next update.
I keep postponing the presets update , sorry about that…