Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default ZTree Plugin Update

I added some more Buttons,

PasteAround and Pasteoriented will paste ZS, scale and orient them in relation with the selected zsphere.
    They are a little different. Pastearound will orient the Y axis of your copied ZS and spin it arround the selected ZS, while PasteOriented will align the Y axis of your copied ZS with the direction of your selected ZS.
    MultiPaste is like pasteoriented but paste copies all over ... like growbranches you can define the starting point use the BranchesStartHere button.
    ResetSpin will reset the twist of all ZS, this is only noticeable when you generate the adaptivemesh.
    DefaultSetting surprisingly enough will reset all the sliders to default.

examples.zip

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Quote Originally Posted by hirnlaich View Post
    My first tests with best results on adding brittle branches with fibers is to play with modulate by masking (1-5) and turn modulate by area to 0. Gravity with small values (-0.xxx) Gravity Directions Variations, and playind with the Revolve Rate.

Thank you for the video´s dargelos.

I hope next week I can capture a video too.

Great tool.
    Yes , please. It would be great to see some videos ...
    I also made a little collection of fibermesh presets that include some leaves with black-transparent background... they work very well! i will share when I have a bunch of them.

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

The video helps a lot , Thanks ( yeah Presets would be very cool and give me a starting point to experiment from...
    Thanks again for all the tremendous effort you have put in this project.... Deke
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

I have played a little bit and it looks really cool, i have always thought that this kind of stuff like trees will be perfect to be done with zspheres and zscript.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am looking forward to see your work .
    I just realized how easy it can be to draw a plant that grows on the surface of an object, like Ivy... I think that will be in my next update.
    I keep postponing the presets update , sorry about that...

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Hi dargelos

I´m playing around with CopyZS and PasteAround, PasteOriented and got a note that the limit of ZS copies is at 500.

Can you give us more ZS to copy?

That should be more than enough for a very nice tree
    Be somewhat realistic, that is more than enough if used properly on your canvas.
    It may gag with Fibermesh or Micromesh with any more(maybe with that), play with it.

Sure! I just limited to 500 because my initial idea was to replicate many simple branches... paste 10 branches of 500 will be probably very slow... I haven't tried that many.. but if you want more I can raise the maximum number.
    Notice that you don't have to press copy every time you want to paste...Maybe that's what you were trying to do?

Anyway, there are a lot of things I haven't explained at all... Sorry about that.

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Notice that you don't have to press copy every time you want to paste...
    Ah, thank you for this tip, my mistake sorry. So 500 will be more than enough.

I will explain a couple of things...
    for example:
    When you select a ZS and click on pasteoriented or Growangle the angle around the parent's branch is determined by the cycle slider...if you click a second time with the cycle slider at 1 and 0 cyclerandom, the 2nd branch will be generated with 17.20 degrees angle with the first one...a third time 34,4 and so on.. So you can complete a cycle clicking 21 times on the same ZS...
    The cycle slider at 2 means 2*17,2=34,4 degrees , so you would need 11 clicks and the 11th branch will fall in the middle of the 1st and 2nd...
    8*17,2=137.6 wich is close to 360/phi.

the same cycles sliders are used in multipaste and growbranches.....

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Great job on this. Looks very interesting!

Pretty awesome. Click start then grow branches about 3 times then frame the mesh.

Totally awesome, been waiting for something like this, even dug up the old Digits zifclick the other day hoping do to some copy/pasting.
    Would it be possible to add a function to just copy a bunch of zspheres out from whichever zsphere you have selected instead of the whole thing, digits old script used to do that and i think it would be helpful for adding smaller zsphere count branches or other uses.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboy412 View Post
    Totally awesome, been waiting for something like this, even dug up the old Digits zifclick the other day hoping do to some copy/pasting.
    Would it be possible to add a function to just copy a bunch of zspheres out from whichever zsphere you have selected instead of the whole thing, digits old script used to do that and i think it would be helpful for adding smaller zsphere count branches or other uses.
    Yes, that's a good idea. and I think its not hard to do.
    But instead of copying parts of the tree on the same tree you could make the branches you plan to copy in a different tool. I made a little collection of branches and roots ready to be pasted. You can put all your parts in a tool with subtools. But what you propose is a very good idea and I am sure it can be done.. Maybe in the next Update you will have it...

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx702 View Post
    Great job on this. Looks very interesting!
    Thanks! I loved your Tile Helper plugin. And I am going to buy your eat3D DVD.

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast