Hair

Added a bit of color.

Sculpting ZBrush, rendering BPR.

Attachments

B_09.jpg

B_12.jpg

B_13.jpg

Sweet renders! Still can’t believe how you do that hair! Amazing :slight_smile:

Fantastic work on the hair and render is superb, bravo!

Fantastic model and hair. Do you have any tips on getting that level of control over Fibermesh? I’m making first steps with it here and mainly using Move, Groom Long and Groom Magnet (and polygroups to separate segments) but I’m finding it tricky to get nice wavy shapes. I guess you have a lot of segments along the hair?

Cheers,
Brian

Hi, Brian!

I made the hair without Fibermesh!

My method of creating hair in any direction and any form - use InsertMesh (curve mode).

You can see my video, which shows the principle of the creation of hair by my method.
The method is simple, allows you to control the creation of hair in the right direction and shape of the hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwDfqJL21r8

I hope you enjoy.

Hey thanks Andrei, thanks so much for that link, very clever method! I’d never have thought of that. I guess though there’s no way to export that as curves then to something like Maya for doing hair rendering/simulation there? Very cool for rendering inside ZBrush though!

Cheers,
Brian

Hi, Brian.

Hair can be exported as OBJ.

Thanks, I guess you could select edge loops then and convert to curves if you wanted to add dynamics. Good to know, thanks again!

Cheers,
Brian

Thank you, Brian

this is awesome, you are awesome, thanks for sharing your technics, I’ll share the video on my FB page, it sure can help a lot of us!! thanks again Andrei!!:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I’m glad you liked it!