ZBrushCentral

Keyshot render...and BIG question...

Hi Guys, Keyshot is really a good render engine…I saw that there was time ago a plugin for it…but now It’s not possible to get anymore…does somebody have it ??? If not…I have this question: How can I export my mesh with simple polypaint to keyshot ??? I have not experience with texturing (only polypaint)… so if you can give me simple keypoints as procedure it would be great…

thanks to all :slight_smile:

Attachments

ererwew.jpg

looking cool man. apparently the goZ plugin is still in closed beta.

thanks :slight_smile: …would be great to know how in anycase to export polypainting to keyshot …:slight_smile:

You’ll need a UV map of your mesh. I just use UV Master in the ZPlugin menu. First I do the sculpt, then ZPlugin > UV Master > Unwrap, after that polypaint. Once I’ve done that I go to Texture map > Create > New from polypaint. Now your mesh has UVs and a texture. When you do Tool > Export it will automatically export the texture as a .BMP file along with the .OBJ. When you first import the .OBJ into Keyshot it will most likely have the texture on it, but when you change the material it will go away. To get it back, select the mesh, choose ‘edit material’, go into the texture tab and with the ‘color’ box selected, click the little ‘load new texture’ folder icon and choose the .BMP that was exported along with the .OBJ. Then all you have to do is change the mapping type from ‘box map’ to ‘UV coordinates’ and that should do it.

Let me know if it works.

The Goz plugin is still available for testing, you need to go to the Keyshot forum and PM Thomas Teger to get it. Once you have it, the plugin sends subtools from ZBrush to Keyshot along with any Polypainting you applied to them, even if the subtools have no UV’s.

thank U guys !!!:slight_smile:

Wait…So you “have” to have UVs to change materials in Poly Paint? I can get Poly Paint into Keyshot (without UVs) but changing materials strips out the Poly Paint for some reason. I understand about the Texture maps but if I don’t want to use Texture maps and just poly paint can I change materials (say from something mat to something shiny) and get my poly paint back? Thanks in advance for your help.

I am asking myself the same question - anybody has an idea?

edit: hold down alt while dragging new keyshot material onto your model

here is a video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PG6qi-13DE&feature=youtu.be

Yep. That worked. Who knew? Works really well.