ZBrushCentral

W.I.P - Portrait of Anthony Hopkins

Hi everyone, Recently I started to work on a portrait as a personal project in order to study human head and realism in my free times. The portrait is going to be the great actor Anthony Hopkins and here is my effort so far… I’m not finished with the head yet. C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Attachments

wip_3.jpg

wip_proportions.JPG

fig_01 copy.jpg

Very good sculpt mate. Looking forward to the final product.

Looks great, but the cheek bones look a bit pushed too back form the side view, or maybe its just me.

@CinokluThanks a lot man!

@slocik Thanks for your feedback! :slight_smile: I’m not finished with the head yet, there are some areas still need to modify. just need a little free time to finish it…

instantly recognisable , very nice!

Thank you The Namek

Here is just a preview of what I’ve painted so far. Obviously I couldn’t use his low-res pictures as texture map so first I painted some textures from different views on the base of his photographs in Photoshop and combined them with polypainting in Zbrush. I need to finish the rest of the head and also add more skin details directly in zbrush.

I like the face, really good, but the shape of the skull is probably wrong, it should be more like a “Bulb” shape, like a regular skull.
Keep it up man, gonna be a nice one!

BULB.jpg

Nice BPR renders, I’m curious how you will create the eyes. Keep up the good work

@julien3d Thanks man! yes skull has a bulb shape and first I sculpted the head like you said (left attached image), but I found out it’s not gonna work for his head as it doesn’t make sense that hairs are stuck to the skull, so I change the shape and left a space for his hairs. (right attached image) :slight_smile:

@d’Artbot Thanks a lot dude! he has special eyes and I removed that for now even in my reference image so that it doesn’t affect while sculpting & comparison. I wish I can find some free times to finish it! :slight_smile:

Attachments

04 copy.jpg

fig_05.jpg

Latest update…

Just improved top of the head, shape of the head, around the right eye, right eyebrow and got BPR under two lighting positions. I’m testing it in 3ds max & V-ray for now… maybe I reduce variation of texture colors.