ZBrushCentral

X-Force Wolverine Sculpt...

Hello everyone, I am Mike Thompson and this is my first post. Although I am relatively new to ZBrush (started learning it about 8 months ago) I am already hooked. I’ve been illustrating for several years and believe that having a strong history of traditional and digital painting has helped with my ZBrush work. Some of my recent client work has been for DC Comics and Mattel’s Infinite Earths figure box art and Marvel’s upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film. This is my first completed sculpt and I would love some feedback. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

UseThis.jpg

wolv1.jpg

GD1.jpg

wolv face.jpg

Arms.jpg

sculpt1.jpg

Ah, I was wondering when you would show up on these forums! :slight_smile: I’ve been following the progress of this one on facebook since the start and I really think it turned out
incredible. The attention to detail, the pose, the texturing, all of it. I hope to see more of your work around here, I really like it.

omg its amazing top rowwww topp rowww

It’s about time you posted that sculpt in here! Awesome, awesome stuff - I’m already excited to see what you do next.

That’s years of intense work, and nothing but love for your craft, and may I say sir… it truly shows. Great stuff Mike.

Just visited your blog… WOW! Your going straight to my favorite artists folder-:+1:

Thanks!

www.miketartworks.com

Thanks Brad, and may I say that is one handsome egg ya got there my friend! “…Now if only there were maybe a, I don’t know… pickle or two to go with it.” hah.

Very much appreciated!! I see so much incredible work here, I didn’t want to half step on my first post. I’m not going to get my hopes up, but that would be pretty awesome! hah.

Great post Mike. Fantastic progress for 8 months.
Look forward to many more.

man this is just good enough to make me wanna commit seppuku with my stylus. Get this man a row to sit on top of!

top row

Told you sir !! You nailed it pretty good !
That keyshot render is kickass ! It makes the details and the character come to life !!
This is uber great !

TOP ROW THIS MAN !

After watching your interview with Shane Olson, I watched all of your Pixologic streams and Youtube videos. You have a great workflow. learning a lot Thanks a lot for sharing with the community. :slight_smile:

Nice wolverine there, Hugh Jackman would be proud, then again hes probably sick of this character.

Hah, awesome. So glad you like it. I have a new ZBL stream tomorrow, thinking about a little Rick and Morty!:cool:

Lol, you are probably right Mickael. I’m sure ol’ Wolverine has paid for Hugh’s great grandkids future college tuition!

For sure, he probably has all of his cutlery made out of adamantium or something similar(vibranium). i noticed you also don’t have a vote icon on you’re images just like me, is it because were both “New Members”?