ZBrushCentral

ed209's SketchBook

Hello. Its been a very long time since I posted my work here and I’ve wanted to post again since I attended Siggraph this past year. The Zbrush presentations really inspired me, but I always just get busy. So I’m making the effort to post even if its just something here or there I want to post more and hopefully contribute more to this wonderful community. I hope to make this thread a place where I can not only post my finished work but my work in progress as well.

So heres what I have first. Just a regular bust.

VampTurnaround.jpg

Attachments

VampTurnaround.jpg

Heres A sketch I did tonight for the helpful bear contest. Not sure if I will stick with this or move on to something else.

Quick Update on the sketch I z remeshed and Took it a bit further.

01.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

I’m posting my work some older some more recent. I should have been posting more but for whatever reason I never got to, none of it would have been possible without Zbrush. Most of it is personal work while there are some items from when I worked at 38 Studios. I will post from oldest to newest. I hope you enjoy.

Hammer_High.jpg
Hammer_Clay_Render.jpg
Hammer_BreakDown.jpg
HammerManta.jpg
The first pic is a high poly render from modo, second one from Zbrush without textures.
The third is a render from Marmoset and the wires with the textures. The last is a Manta Ray I sculpted but never used, but its still a favorite.

Attachments

Hammer_BreakDown.jpg

Hammer_Clay_Render.jpg

HammerManta.jpg

Here is some of my work from 38S Most of what I did was retopoing hair for the game, I think I retopoed over 130 hairs. Every once in awhile I got to do a cool asset :slight_smile: I got to do one creature and a couple of weapons.
38_Jin.jpg
38Creature.jpg
38CreatureBreakDown.jpg
38Weapons.jpg

Attachments

38Weapons.jpg

38CreatureBreakDown.jpg

38Creature.jpg

38_Jin.jpg

Here is some more personal work. I loved Starcraft as a kid and Zerg were my favorite, render in Modo for the highpoly and Marmoset for the low. The pumpkin was for a modo contest, it was Halloween Themed.

Bane_Clay.jpg
Bane.jpg
Bane_BreakDown.jpg
Modo_Pumpkin.jpgModo_PumpkinAo.jpg

Attachments

Bane.jpg

Bane_BreakDown.jpg

And some more personal work more recent. Some Bust and some weapons. Zbrush and Modo Renders.
Dots_Demon.jpg
Bust_Dragon.jpg
Bust_Es.jpg
Bust_Liz.jpg
Dots_S.jpgDots_Sw.jpg

Attachments

Bust_Dragon.jpg

Bust_Es.jpg

Bust_Liz.jpg

Dots_Demon.jpg

Awesome work, LOVE IT¡ Hope to see more of you :smiley:

Thanks, Stabile!

Heres some more work on the first bust. I did some keyshot test, but I liked the Marmoset render more.

Marm.jpg
KeyShotTest.jpg

Attachments

KeyShotTest.jpg

Something ive been working on on and off. Started for the cghub Doom contest. Never finished I’ll post the clay render tomorrow.

ZbrushBPR_Render.jpg

Attachments

ZbrushBPR_Render.jpg

man your whole thread is very interesting.especially the starcraft creature.just love them all.keep it up my friend.:+1::wink:

Thanks! Love me some Starcraft!

Here is a clay render for the previous sculpt.

03.jpg

Im trying my hand at the Titan contest over on the substance designer forums, here is what I have so far, Will make the low and bake hopefully this weekend.

ClayTitan2.jpg
Titan_34s.jpg
Titan_07.jpg

Attachments

Titan_07.jpg

Cool. I really like the orange translucent material.

Wow nice characters you got there, hope you finish the sculpt you made for cghud it looks really interesting

Thanks guys!

I like the material too, but some its softens the details a little too much and man does modo chug with large meshes

I think thats as far as i will go with the cghug creature on to more creatures. :slight_smile:

Nice sketch pad. Great little creature concepts

Really nice thread man i enjoyed all your work!

Thanks.

I’ve finished my entry for the contest.
Eddie_Oceans_Story.jpg
Eddie_Oceans_Screen2.jpg

Attachments

Eddie_Oceans_Story.jpg

Amazing work bro ! keep them coming