ZBrushCentral

AstralMuffin's Sketchbook

Hello! I’ve finally decided to start my sketchbook here (actually it was a hard decision because everytime I post something in a forum it’s absolutely ignored and it’s quite depressing)
So, here’s something I did based on this concept by my sister http://sta.sh/0cy09ahxuh4

Here are some screens of how the turntable rendered in Vray looks

Another project I’m working on is a low poly character for my portfolio. I did this concept http://sta.sh/0zf12vlacw4 and so far I’ve done the high poly

And here’s a render in Keyshot

I hope you find them interesting, and of course critique is always welcomed!
Hopefully I’ll have more to post soon :slight_smile:

Attachments

BPR_Render.jpg

Sin título-1.jpg

RENDER1.jpg

RENDER3.jpg

wip_v2.jpg

wip1.jpg

i really like the creature it looks so satisfied =)
The Guy is well made too especially the Belt

The facial expression on that creature thingy is amaing…i realy lke the concept too. :slight_smile:

@.Laslo Thanks! We actually named him ‘Pipón’ which means that you’ve eaten so much that you’re really really full :stuck_out_tongue: So I guess he’s pretty satisfied. And thanks for the compliments on the belt, I spent a lot of time trying to make it look good
@Spooki Thank you so much ^^

I’ve just finished this one. It’s a character for my thesis animation. Now that I think about it I never submited the rest of the characters I did for that project so I might do it as well. When the render in vray is done I’ll post that one too

Here are two more characters from the same short, Mía and her Mother

1188763_44196_large.jpg

1188763_large.jpg

I had to do some quick materials at college but they look like crap so I’m redoing them.
In fact, the whole thing (well, at least the part that’s in 3d) has already been animated, so this two models already have rigs, and lots of blend shapes and stuff I wish I could show you.

Your renders look very nice. Although I think you should think about doing the wireframe renders with thinner lines. The meshes are pretty dense so showing tris may not be necessary either.

I know exactly what you mean about your hesitation to post in the first place, this forum can be inspirational and soul crushing at the same time haha
Your work is really good, I really like the Gargoyle and your Vray renders are impressive.
I look forward to seeing more

@captkiro Yes, I’m aware of that problem. The this is I just wanted a quick render so I used Keyshot’s wireframe, that includes the tris. Once I’m done with the final materials I’ll re do this in vray, and show a proper wireframe

@charlieThor Yup, that’s exactly the feeling P: Thanks a lot! I’m still learning a lot about vray and struggling with a big problem I have. I can’t make detailed renders in vray, like the ones I can do with bpr. It’s pretty frustrating when you see half of the stuff you sculpted dissapear, but I’ll keep experimenting and hopefully find a way. I’m glad you like my work, I should have more stuff to post soon :slight_smile:

Ok, so here’s the final model of that mechanic I posted up there

compo.jpg

Retopo in 3ds Max, textures baked with Xnormal and render in Toolbag 2 (first time using it!) and an alternate render here fav.me/d7mofuy . I did a turntable, I’ll link it later
Please critique all you want!

My first sketch!

render.jpg

A.jpg

It took me way to long, but I had to do something different from work or I would have exploded -.- She’s Mabel, from Gravity Falls. I thought it would be an easy subject but adapting that design to 3d actually was pretty hard. The model sheet in the second image belongs to Disney
Please let me know what you think! I don’t know if I’ve created a monster of if it’s actually decent

I’ll try to do sketches more often, so I hope I’ll have something new to post soon :slight_smile:

Attachments

render.jpg

A.jpg

No, I could tell it was Mabel from Gravity Falls. It’s harder to make something in 3D that is originally just in 2D. It’s a good job.