Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Tank Track/Tank Tread, W.I.P

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank_Tracks_Start_KK.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	407792  

Default Learning how to lower poly count!!!

Can someone plz send me a link or tell me how to lower the poly count if you have duplicated each subtool without loosing any of the resolution? Because I'm wanting to merg all similar subtools. trying to figure out away to
    to push this project to go alittle faster.

This should really go into the Q&A/troubleshooting forum though.

Need more info about what you have, and what you want to do with it. Is it a Dynamesh or no? Like anything there's more than one way to skin a cat. After a certain point anything will lose detail, only you can decide what that point is.
    If all you want is a lower polycount and nothing else then just decimate it. If you need good topology also, after decimating you can use Zremesher. Or, just try using Zremesher first if your polycount isn't too high. Also, you can retopologize you mesh manually using Zspheres, or the Topology brush. Lastly you could make a duplicate mesh, make that one your low poly mesh via one of the methods above, and reproject details from your high poly mesh onto it. Then you have a low poly mesh with subdivision levels that you can UV or whatever.

HTH

Well, I haven't really counted all the parts, But I made each piece. Like the brackets, the squares on top of the tracks. The only thing that I have merged was where the silver squares & black squares are. Nothing else has been merged together. I'm wanting to merge most parts together without crash zbrush due to to high of a polycount. I'm working on trying to make a tank. I'v prob got the treads to far apart. But like anything. Practice makes prefect.

Old thread so I'm pretty sure you found a way in two years ! Those treads are mostly primitives : cubes and cylinders with bevels. One part of what I guess will be a curve IMM brush shouldn't be more than 250 polys if you model it with ZModeler. You can always add subdivisions to get it smoother or add details to bake later on.
    I don't see how you can crash ZBrush with Cylinders and Cubes The detailing is not about how many millions of polygons. It's about where are those polygons. If they're not necessary they don't need to be. A 5 millions polys cube will look exactly the same as a 6 polys cube. So model or sculpt : wisely.