Senior Member Follow User Gallery

thanks a lot buddy.yeah I made the pistol inside zbrush as well.it took me days if I wanted to do polygon modeling.her face is still on early stage.I'm working on her accessories right now (more specific her rifle).so I may change some of facial features later.I was planning to make a drone too, to keeps her company & I'm still working on it.so stay tuned.
    PS: it's ok buddy.I'm glad we talked.

Yeah, concepting stuff in Zbrush is much more fun than doing it with polygons. But when you have a clear idea about the final result then poly-modeling approach gives lots of benefits. And I'm talking about hardcore modeling with very complex, optimized and well thought topology and not about simple box-modeling. It also depends on software and it's instrumental, cause surprisingly not every "world standard" program provides good enough modeling tools (will not pronounce the titles to not offend some users ). Did you heard about Vitaliy Bulgarov? He is definitely genius and can create very complex shapes straight away and works very fast (he uses XSI). Like this ten mechs in ten days.
    PS So you are talking about simple drone or robot? I mean, would he have AI or was it programmed for simple stuff? Cause I wanna make my robot quite advanced and hopefully show through the story how he becomes more close to humans and tries to understand our emotions (I really was inspired by Isaac Asimov books).

I've heard about him but I've never seen his works.man those mechs were just mindblowing.jaw touched the floor. I love to make some hard-surface stuff like robots or something (since I'm huge fan of sci fi stuff) but sadly I'm not good at it. I have to practice more.and yeah I just wanna make a programmed drone not a robot wirh AI (that's too future haha )
    BTW I didn't know you read Isaac Asimov books.that's awesome buddy.

Member Follow User Gallery

She's looking real nice Diablo I'd soften that wrinke of nasolabial fold, as it makes her look older, while the rest of the face looks young.

Awesome gun!

Jakub,thanks a lot my friend for stopping by.much appreciated.and thanks for your feedback.yeah,you're totally right.I will refine that part.

Hey Diabolo,

nice to have you back on ZBC. I see you made some really great stuff. Missed so much!, Sorry.
    Really lovely girl. Keep on rocking an she'll turn out lovely.

Best,

Knacki

hey knacki,thanks a lot for your kind words.much appreciated my friend.

started this one last week for a bit of practice on anatomy sculpting.I wanna say thanks to Steve Lord & Ehren Bienert.learned tons just by looking at their awesome works.and Also thanks to Glauco Longhi for his materials.helped me a lot.hope you like this one.thanks for stopping by.

Member Follow User Gallery

Diablo i just want to suggest you to study anatomical origins and insertions of muscles..plus skeleton...
    And a little more time give into figure drawing...
    Cheers...
    Always keep progressing...

Hello my friend! Overall it is a nice improvement compare to your previous male model (orc). I see you managed to avoid most of mistakes you did previously. Still there are places that should be fixed to make it look more believable. Here is the list of most important things.
    - The main problem is his upper back. I think you trapped yourself right at the beginning when you didn't pay enough attention for proper placement of scapula. In early stages of model creation I suggest making very rough markings for shoulder blade contours, acromion and spine and only then build a musculature upon it. Right now I'm trying to mentally draw the scapula and failing to do that because of wrong muscle placement. Mainly due to the posterior Deltoid that seems extending far above the spine of scapula. The next major issue is the armpit area. I recommend to study more the important relationship between Triceps, Teres major+Lats and common volume of Infraspinatus and Teres minor. Although Teres muscles and Infraspinatus originating from the same plane in shoulder blade, they insert in totally different spots at Humerus. Big Teres (means round) dives to the inner side of the arm bone and along with its Latissimus fellow acts like strong adductor and medial rotator (that is what your guy actually doing here). The Minor Round and Infraspinatus inserting to the outer part of Humerus at the great tubercle and their main purpose is lateral rotation. Because of it there is a slit between them where the long head of Triceps goes. Now, the place where this interweaving occurs is hidden by the Deltoid when arms are lowered, but you still need to know this to make a proper construction. Here is a nice illustration showing the complex braided effect in armpit. I bet you will find more images by googling it.
    - The lower back is a bit lumpy too. Remember that Latissimus and its aponeurosis are quite thin so lots of stuff beneath them are still visible. I personally prefer sculpting Spinal Erectors first since they also directly create the profile of figure in side view. And only then I lightly suggest lats with brushstrokes along the fiber direction and define its wide tendon. Also, considering the pose and that both Teres M and Lats are tensed, this transition between belly and aponeurosis should be jagged, not a smooth curve.
    - Let's turn the figure and look at front of it. The anterior portion of Trapezius doesn't look like reaching a clavicle. Also I think that you can make the ridges of popping up Platysma more defined and sharp. Like here.
    - I really miss the connection between Pectoralis major and Deltoid. This place where the clavicular portion of Pecs leaves the trunk and dives below Deltoid via small tail. Like in this image. It is barely visible but you can still trace the line from the pit of the neck to Deltoid that separates Clavicular portion from sternal. And don't make the striations at sternal portion so horizontal. Think of the twist of pectoralis and how each part inserts progressively higher at Humerus towards its head. To add visual interest, you might also add separation that starts at junction of Manubrium and body of sternum.
    - The more forearm is bent, the more oblique Brachialis is.
    - Rectus abdominis is a bit wide for my taste. But maybe your reference was like this. Still, it appears that bottom part of it (below the navel), tapers too quickly.
    - Speaking about legs, pay more attention to inner part of the knees (common mass of adductor tendons and how they flow towards the Tibia), better define the Tibialis Anterior, smooth the groove between hamstrings (it appears only after extreme flexion when the muscles are pulled tight), maybe reinforce Gastrocnemius (don't forget that medial head is lower and fuller), lift up the Vastus Lateralis little above the knee.
    Sorry if the last paragraph is described a bit vague - I'm still very weak right now and after writing so much text I feel really exhausted. But don't hesitate to answer any questions you have and I hope my post was useful to you. So happy Zbrushing and hope to see you soon.

UPDATE. I was so concentrated at the actual posture that I forgot about the context (that he is chained). So he is rather abducting his arms to break the chains. In this case the Lats and Teres major shouldn't be tensed as much as I described. But everything else still applies.

Abdoler:thanks for stopping by buddy.
    Vir Norin:how you doin' my friend?? thanks a lot for your time,didn't see those parts when I was sculpting him.well I guess that's the point.you learn something new with every new piece.but like I said before I mostly wanna have fun when sculpting these kinda stuff.after all I'm not an anatomy expert.just wanted to make something cool & storytelling.but I keep those parts in mind for my next works.thanks again.

finished her sniper Rifle.hope you like it.

Wow, great! ! I like the design. I think you might add some embossed text like serial number etc. This will make it even more interesting. And I'm waiting for the textured version.
    It appears like our characters have even the same type of primary weapon (remember how I described my vision of Nastya as a sniper?).

hey,thanks buddy.really glad you liked it.yeah,when I first started this character I was going for a post-apocalypse survivor.but after playing shadowrun: hong kong (third one in the series came out 20th august) I decided to go for a futuristic Assassin.someone who can get a job done without making a mess.So I designed some augmentations for her face. her main weapon changed from a shotgun into a silenced sniper rifle (because she gets paid only if she kills her targets quietly,but just main targets,afterwards she can make a bloodbath killing their bodyguards with her Katanas) .and I made her a pair of katanas last night for close range combat(will upload them tomorrow).and a high-caliber pistol (without silencer) in case things turn into s**t but anyway she's an assassin now. yeah,you're right.I will add those texts.thanks a lot for mentioning.

OK, will wait then for more shots of weapons. And it is nice to see that you made a story behind a character. 3D world needs more stuff like this because while there are plenty of good and detailed characters around but it is just not so interesting to watch them compare to those when you know their biography, temper and other stuff (the more is better).

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819 ... LastLast