ZBrushCentral

The Execution of Lady Jane Grey,The tribute.

Hi everyone :slight_smile:
Long time don’t post new work, here is the one i work from quite while ago, finally manage to finish it . is a tribute to the master Paul Delaroche ,here is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Execution_of_Lady_Jane_Grey
the idea is just tribute to the masterpiece I saw in London <nobr style=“color: rgb(221, 221, 221); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, ‘lucida grande’, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(55, 55, 55);”>national</nobr> gallery,is just so breathtaking (not the subject), hope you like it :slight_smile:

Attachments

02_F2_M.jpg

02_F2_M_Grey.jpg

1 Like

nice sculpts and render, I like it. great job :slight_smile:

Supreme work!!! just wow…

Wooooooow.great piece of work man.TOP ROW material.thanks for sharing.:wink:

Should reach the top row. Fantastic work! It ust be really hard to translate 2d masterpiece into 3d masterpiece and you have made it.

My only critique would be the lady in a red dress. She look unconcious on the painting, at yours she doesn’t.
She look like she is just sitting with her eyes closed and her head should lie on the wall.

really a great work. You totally nail the atmosphere of the painting.:+1:

beautiful :slight_smile:

Superb and courageous, you nailed the lighting perfectly, has that unique painterly feel. Love the cloth sculpting.

I agree with Nebular, the girl on the far left looks a little lost, where as in the original she has a real look of despair,
like she had been fighting for the soon to be executed girls cause, but now has resided to the fact her fate is doomed.
But this is just from comparing it with the original, maybe you wanted to change things up a little!

All in all, this is super job, congrats for taking on such a challenge. Definitely top row material

Cheers :+1:

Wow! Amazingly beautiful. :+1:

Excellent! Beautifully done. Can you explain how you used ZBrush?

Top row!
Just great. For a second I was thinking that you were just posting an image of the original piece :slight_smile:

Stunning piece ! super Wooww . perfect lightening and sculpting wish to reach that one day TOP RAW !!!:+1:

just amazing, :+1:

Superb !

Dan

Amazing! You not only captured the look, but also the entire mood. Nice work.

Thanks everyone! :slight_smile:
I really appreciated .For modelling, I start in Maya build very simple clean low poly, main reason is for easy UV later, then modelling as T pose, some of detail, then use the Transpose master( can’t live without this,so useful . then detail sculpt, then poly paint give color detail, the last Decimation master creat lower mesh ,import to Maya setup shader and lighting.

here are some working progress ,cheers!

BPR_Render14.jpgQueen04G.jpggirl01.jpg

face01.jpg

Great work dude.

Tragic story and horrible.

Amazing work really. i feel more panting in your picture than the original one.
how long did this one take from start to finish ?

TOP ROW! o.O O.o holly ****!

Beautifully executed! I really love it when I see a classical pieces “converted” into 3D. Going to the British National Gallery is really exciting if you are into traditional art.