New Member Follow User Gallery

Hi,

I really like your art! It is a very refreshing vintage style and something far away from the main stream
    Very inspiring for me.

I didn't read each and every comments in your thread, but it sounded like you are looking for a software in which you have more control over UV layouts.
    I would give Blender a try. It can do anything all the other software packages can do and it is totally free and very small in size.
    It has pretty nice UV tools and of course a pretty nice renderer as well (Cycles).

Just my two cents ...
    Comicon Challenge 2014 ***8226; Sketchbook ***8226; Portfolio ***8226; Blog

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thank you Gumboyaya, I will put my nose on Blender that is good idea

Like you, I am hopeful that more emphasis on rendering options become available in ZBrush5. ZBrush does render well with the proper adjustments. I have used other render packages as well as Maya, Max, vRay, KeyShot, Marmoset... but always return to BPR rendering and layers in PS. One thing that would be useful in ZBrush is a PSD exporter plugin which will allow you to generate your multiple render passes in one file, stacked in the order you wish with the blending modes set how you wish. Seems tedious at times as it is, but Layers in PS seems to give me complete control over the final image...

awesome work

Default how lovely

Everything here is delightful. So different from the usual zbrush forum stuff, and most concept art out there in general! Even the "clutter" around these fellas has character, and a story to tell!
    My art blog. Guaranteed retina friendly.*

*Results may vary, consult physician if temporary blindness or vertigo occurs.
    http://urchinator.blogspot.com

ZBrush Thread of Sketchyness

Default Cheers !

Begun a decimate version of the character because 50 000 000 (not finish) of poly without used HD geo it is little too much>
    I had a special Drink more funnier for a Goblin and an easy way to give a scale for the character. I have many question about the beard because I love the guy like that so I think I need to turn around the idea before to take a decision. For the moment i just let the guy take this special coktail at my sake for my 43 Candles. CHEERS !

50 million! Is that with all the subtools?
    My 2 cents on the bird question - I think this version goes better with the new ****tail.

@jbmonge

I've been a big fan of your paintings since I first saw them several years back. Truly, they are among my very favorite illustrations. So, when I see that you're working in Zbrush, which you do very well by the way, I feel this irrational internal response "gasp - oh no - I hope he doesn't stop painting!". Ha ha! I expect that you wont, but I am curious to know what has prompted your foray into 3D - if you don't mind sharing.
    Available for freelance

Linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/francisbb/
    Portfolio: http://the7thbough.com

@jbmonge

I've been a big fan of your paintings since I first saw them several years back. Truly, they are among my very favorite illustrations. So, when I see that you're working in Zbrush, which you do very well by the way, I feel this irrational internal response "gasp - oh no - I hope he doesn't stop painting!". Ha ha! I expect that you wont, but I am curious to know what has prompted your foray into 3D - if you don't mind sharing.

Hello Fancis, for the moment I have take my distance with the painting for one good reason, just published book is now not suffisant for live

Hello Fancis, for several years, I have taken my distance with the painting, not because I have lost passion about painting, but just because publishing books is not enough profitable for a living now. 5 years ago I began to work for concept and character design and step by step, it has taken the place of the painting. With the time, I learnt to sculpt in zbrush by myself and found new pleasure with this medium. Sometimes when I have time for me, I take my brushes again for painting a new picture with watercolor or oil and now with photoshop too, even if in this case the original and the battle with him and the pigments miss me really. But it is often hard to choose, because there are so many ideas who are turning in my head each day.

Thank you to follow my Art

JB

50 million! Is that with all the subtools?
    My 2 cents on the bird question - I think this version goes better with the new ****tail.

Hello Vlad, for the moment I have 25 subtools for 47 000 000 of polygons. But for have better details, I have separated a part of the clothes, because they was too greedy in poly if I want to have good details on the fabrics.

JB

Thanks for the reply Jean. Yes it is a common practice to separate an object in order to get better detail.

I am sorry to hear you are not painting as much as before. It's good you like ZBrush as well.

Member Follow User Gallery

Stunning work! You are a great inspiration!

Default new Goblin !

Hello Guys i prepare a new sculpt, I have not find time yet to finish the other one but I have for project to make a piece of my work in bronze for collectors. So I have decide to work on a more simple piece. For the moment the beard is just fibermesh but i need to scuplt it, so i search the best way for simulate the hair like in a bronze sculpture with details but not to much... i will try to post steps if i have time to continue.
    For those who know my work in 2D and who have my books maybe you will recognize this guys !!!

Great start and great idea Jean. Will love to have one of your goblins when you start printing them .

Bringing to 3d all your talent ! Great work ! I'm your fan !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast