Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Little question ???

I have a question, is it possible to print a piece directly from a dynamesh or a decimate version of a sculpt??? and in your opinion what is the best way to prepare a sculpt for printing???

Thank's for all your nice comments I appreciate a lot your feed back !!!
    Best
    JB
    Last edited by jbmonge; 08-09-14 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Need to have an answer to my question'

Default Baltimore and Redingote-WIP

New Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice expression the boy, he looks like my four years old son...

About your question: Yes, you can print directly from dynamesh or a decimate model. I always dynamesh the models that I have to print, to merge all the subtools, and than I decimate them and export to stl. 3D print do not need a particular kind of topology. A little problem is that, sometimes, with very complex models, decimation creates some unwanted vertices and you don't have a way to see them inside Zbrush. You can check you model in Blender or some printing program. What you have to care, then, is to be sure you don't have hidden holes in your model, because this could be a problem when you go to print. Think, for example, if the pant of your character do not touch well his legs, when you dynamesh you create an hole between the leg and the pants. It is hard to see and could be a problem when you print. Maybe flip the normals so you can see this kind of things. It is only a matter of experience...

A big thank you Beawolf for the answer, this will help me a lot . Did you cut the model by yourself before printing or you let the guy who will print your model do the job???

New Member Follow User Gallery

Well, I have a 3d printer...
    Apart from that, how print the model have to cut it, on the base related to the printer itself, materials and dimentions. If you have experience in 3d printing you can give them some suggestions, but it is always on them to cut the model.

Smile

Ok many Thanks

The scene is looking great!

Most 3D printers don't have any issue with multiple parts for printing a solid piece as long as each is watertight and are intersecting each other. So all you would have to do is merge the subtools, then decimate it. Plus, whenever I merge all my subtools then Dynamesh them together, there's usually a good amount of cleanup from the overlapping areas. So for printing a solid piece, dynamesh isn't always necessary.

Now, if you plan on making it hollow with a wall thickness, then you will definitely need to dynamesh them together and use the "create shell" function of dynamesh. Hope this helps!
    Christopher Tackett

Default Quick Sculpt on a design of Randy Bishop

Hello Guys there is a long time that I haven't post a little thing here. Time is always running too fast!
    I have made this little piece for the pleasure as an exercise for working on a cartoon character with a line and with which I am not familiar. The original design is a nice design of the great work of Randy Bishop, a really good concept artist. I enjoyed a lot to find the simplicity of the shape.
    I took a little liberty with the Design but I tried to stay close enough.
    I hope you will like it !

Best
    JB

Last edited by jbmonge; 04-19-15 at 06:19 AM. Reason: correction

héhé nice character man!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567